Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate not accurately being reflected on the app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! So I’ve been using my FitBit (Versa 2) lately to keep track of my HR as I’ve been experiencing a much higher than usual HR for about a month. It’s accurate on the FitBit, but when I open up the app and click on the heart rate, the line graph that shows the entire day is wrong. Sometimes my HR will hit the high 140’s/150’s and when I check the app it would only show 120, or another number significantly lower.  Obviously this is not accurate, so if I want to go back and see what my HR has been over the past couple of days, the data is not what it should be. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Melissa.Perry -

The heart rate graphs in the app are averaged in 5-minute blocks. So in a 5-minute period where you spike at 150 may indeed be averaged out to 120. The same 5 minute averaging is in place on the heart rate tile in the Web Dashboard.

Exercise records, when viewed on the Web Activities page can give you better granularity when you hover your mouse pointer over the heart rate graph associated with the activity:

• A one-hour treadmill exercise record from yesterday averaged heart rate over three-second periods.
  • A twenty-minute exercise record from a few days ago gave me heart rate points of one and two seconds.

So, if your heart rate spikes occur during an exercise period that is being tracked as such, you have a very good chance of seeing a record of your spikes.

Good luck - and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes