Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!Alta not receiving iPhone one text notifications but gets calls

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have tried all the troubleshooting recommendations. Restarting, repairing etc etc and I have notifications turns on etc. Does it matter which 'banner' is selected in iPhone settings as thats all I can think of now but it seems unlikely. V frustrating only got this alta yesterday for birthday
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Hi there I got new alta yesterday. Receive phone notifications but not texts and have tried all resetting and repairing procedures but nothing. My phone is phone 5c. Please help. Many thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the Community my friend @JanieD! Make sure on your IPhone, under settings, you have "Allow in Notification Center" on to allow calls and texts to show on your phone's lock screen.  This has to be enabled to push it to the tracker.

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am receiving texts but not call notification. I have also tried all the steps listed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the Community @Marianne64, welcome Smiley Very Happy! Let's make sure of the following:

1. Confirm that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled by going to Settings > Bluetooth > turn on Bluetooth.
  3. Make sure your mobile device permits notifications: call, text message, and calendar event.
    1. Go to Settings > Notifications > Phone.
    2. Make sure Allow Notifications is on.
  4. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure these settings are turned off because they prevent the mobile device from sending notifications to your tracker.

Now, let's try setting it up:

1. Make sure your tracker’s firmware is up-to-date and that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app.
  2. If you have a Surge, swipe to Settings and make sure Notifications is set to On. For Blaze, hold the top right button for a couple seconds to make sure Notifications is set to On
  3. Open the Fitbit app and then tap Account > tap your tracker tile. 
  4. Tap Notifications.
  5. If you’ve never received notifications on your tracker, follow the onscreen instructions to connect ("bond") your mobile device with your tracker. If you use the Fitbit app on more than one device or also use the fitbit.com dashboard, note that once the bond is in place you won't be able to sync your tracker to a second device unless you turn off Bluetooth on the bonded device or move at least 20 feet away from the bonded device. To verify that set up was successful, look at the list of Bluetooth-connected devices on your mobile device. Your tracker's name should appear.
  6. Under Notifications, turn on the types of notifications you want to receive on your tracker (call, text messages, and calendar events).   
  7. To complete the set up, go back to the device settings page which triggers a sync with your tracker. 

If you followed the steps above but you’re still not receiving notifications, see these tips:

• If your mobile device has a text conversation open, you won't receive notifications from that conversation.
  • If you miss notifications occasionally, it may be because your tracker was syncing at the same time the notification arrived.
  • If you're receiving notifications but they seem delayed, the Bluetooth connection between your tracker and your mobile device may be unstable. If Bluetooth regularly fails you should notify your device manufacturer.
  • If you have another Bluetooth device connected to your mobile device, it may cause interference that prevents notifications from appearing on your tracker. For more information, see The Fitbit app for iOS is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.

Let me know if this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer