Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Goal Dots (Resolved)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 6/30/16

Please update to iOS App version 2.24.1 if you haven't already. This update has a fix for the hourly activity progress being displayed incorrectly on the new dashboard. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Fitbit Update 6/23/16

It was brought to our attention that some iOS users using the new dashboard preview are seeing either too many or too few dots on their Hourly Activity Goal tile. For both instances, I would recommend:

• Clicking the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.
  • Click Advanced Settings.
  • Toggle the 'Preview New Dashboard' off and then back on.

This temporary workaround should help until our team is able to implement a long-term fix for this issue.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Update:  I turned the Preview New dashboard off and the dots were there in the old version dashboard then turned the Preview new Dashboard back on ad my dots were back as expected.

Best Answer

I fixed this by turning Preview New dashboard off then back on and my dots came back.

Best Answer

I had this as well but fixed it by turning off Preview New Dashboard then turning it back on.

Best Answer

That worked!  Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody, 

As a heads up, I've merged all of your posts into this one single thread. to help keep the conversation about this issue in one place.

Just like @LabGeekette suggests in her post, toggling the dashboard preview off and then back on is a great temporary solution until our team implements a long term fix for this issue. If you are unsure how to do this, I would recommend checking out my lead-in post for more details.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I had 24 dots showing up but I did what you recommended and it is fixed. At least for now!
Best Answer
Turning the preview off then back on worked for me.
Best Answer

I take that back. Next time I opened the app, it's back to just one dot. VERY temporary solution. I'll probably just ignore it until Fitbit sends out another update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the quickfix also but guess what it worked for a little bit and then went right back to having a bunch of dots. You just have to love updates that break things. You also have to love that there has been no updates to the blaze even though there have been numerous requests for fixes. What a joke!
Best Answer
0 Votes
It just goes right back to 24 dots the next time I open the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Derrick, Thanks for your suggestion, however, this doesnt fix the issue where the app displays today's 'hourly activity goal dots' regardless of what day I scroll back to. (i.e Scroll to yesterday or the day before and the activity goal dots' displays todays activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DerrickS Any news on when an update will be released to fix this?

Best Answer

I'm sure someone has already asked this, and it's slightly unrelated, but what is the extra dot in the top left hand corner of this tile do. Mine has never been anything other than gray.

Best Answer

This may be the wrong forum for this, however, any other users seeing an unusually high heart rate since the ios app update ? I dont think they should be a correlation, however, my heart rate has been unusally high (for a few days now) since updating the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K8OC That dot your seeing is what this thread is describing. You should see dots forming a half circle over your little guy in the tile. The number of dots corresponds to the number of hours you want to get 250+ steps. However, the latest app update caused this tile to work incorrectly so instead it seems that we either see one dot in the top left corner, or double the number of dots.

That being said, my dot is currently pink but I'm not sure which hour it's for. I have to click on the tile to see my real stats.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@kalimm Pre-update that dot in the left hand-corner has always been there on my tile, even when the tile was working correctly. Now it shows up with a bizarre red ring around it. If I reset and the dots for the hours show up correctly, it disappears, but it used to be there all the time, but didn't appear to do anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kalimm @Brad. I don't have an eta for a fix, but our team is working to push it out as soon as possible.

Toggling the dashboard preview off/on is just a temporary solution until the fix is available. I will keep you posted once more information is available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K8OC That's interesting. I had never seen it until the new update. I wonder if you somehow had the bug before everyone else did. Does turning your new dashboard off then back on make it go away?

Hopefully when they fix all of ours, yours will be fixed too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I've got great news! Please update to Fitbit iOS App version 2.24.1 if you haven't already, it contains a fix for hourly activity progress being displayed incorrectly on the new dashboard. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Thanks for everybody's patience while we worked this one out!

Best Answer
My activity is now fixed however no floors have been logged today and I've definitely done a few?!
Best Answer
0 Votes