Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the primary focus on new app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the iPhone 15 Pro - I can't change the primary Focus without deleting and re-installing the app

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @bobmunder , click on the pencil icon, when the edit screen opens, click on the focus area and swipe left and you will see other focus option.  Click on the little circle top right to choose a new focus and then click “save”.

To see your app version, from the Today screen click on the gear icon and go to “help and support” at the top you will see the app version number.  It should be 4.0.

I hope this is clearer.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hi, @bobmunder the latest version is version 4.0.  Make sure you have that.  On the opening, Today, screen just to the right of the word “Today” you will see a small pencil icon.  Click on that and you will see the option to change focus.

PS: I have moved your post to the iOS app forum area, as that may help others searching for answers to the same question.

Best Answer

Thanks Julia - I tried that before I posted my issue - All it allows is to change what shows below the focus 

Also, where do I check the version number of the iPhone App?

Thanks again for the prompt response 

Best Answer

Hi, @bobmunder , click on the pencil icon, when the edit screen opens, click on the focus area and swipe left and you will see other focus option.  Click on the little circle top right to choose a new focus and then click “save”.

To see your app version, from the Today screen click on the gear icon and go to “help and support” at the top you will see the app version number.  It should be 4.0.

I hope this is clearer.

Best Answer

Julia G - You're a super genius - 🙂 - That's what I was looking for - "the ole swipe left" eluded me - hahaha.  - And, I am using Version 4.  Thanks for that as well.  

Maybe you can answer why I can't see the battery level when syncing the Inspire 2 - 

I tagged you "Focus" solution as best answer - Thank - very much appreciated 

Best Answer

Hi, @bobmunder , the app is new for everyone, so I am only just getting to grips with it myself (I got access a few weeks early to do a beta test) but I have to say that I really like the “Focus” option.  For me it used to be all about steps, but as I have got older (and Fitbits have got more sophisticated) I find it really fascinating how many fitness factors that I can take control of.

Your Inspire 2 will give you the best indication of true battery level on the device itself.  Your app, as I am sure you know, will give you the battery level at last sync, but not an exact per cent.  In the new app when you click on your device at the top of the device screen it will tell you last synced time and date, version number, and battery status (but only full, moderate, low, etc.) .  Best to check the Fitbit itself.

Happy stepping, and many thanks for marking my answer as best.

Best Answer

I contacted the help chat to ask the same question on focus and the directions give to me was very different (and they didn’t work). Thank you for this simple explanation. I do think that there needs to be a “app walkthrough” if you are making such drastic changes on your app. I was also misled about the family account. I was told that the new app does NOT have the family accounts anymore.  I found it while trying to change the focus!!

Best Answer

The decision to choose alternate focus options by swiping left/right was awful. Some advice: make the other options partially visible. A very frustrating day trying to find a way to change "focus."

Best Answer

The simple way to let users know to swipe left is the series of dots below the image indicating lateral swiping/choice that you see on websites, Instagram etc. I don't understand why Fitbit didn't do that.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the help on this, Julia! What I really like is that, when you swipe all the way left, you can set up your own custom focus, instead of their presets! Once that’s done>saved, you can then further customize that by again clicking the pencil icon on the main screen and look at the list under your 4 main focus box icons (1 primary, 3 arrayed in a row underneath) to pick what you see and in what order top to bottom.

A clearer explanation in FitBit Help would be most useful, but I’m so grateful to our FitBit Community for helping us figure this out!

Best Answer

Perfect!!  🙏🏼

Best Answer

Thank you!!!!!! It was driving me nuts that my total steps weren't showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t let me change my focus.  I tried unclicking the check mark in the upper right hand corner and it won’t uncheck

Best Answer

It doesn’t give me the ability to swipe left, something else to try?

Best Answer

What if the focus area doesn’t allow you to swipe left?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We’re you able to swipe left on focus area? Not an option for me.

Best Answer

We’re u able to “swipe left on focus”? I’m not able to do that?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same — everyone talking abt swiping left on focus, swiping isn’t an option for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to click on the “edit” pencil in the upper right before you can swipe 

Best Answer

I tried that and got to the screen to edit and I can’t change it.  Got it!  Thank you😊

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes