Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the battery level on Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 app updated to a new view. I had no option.  Not a fan but can live with it.  Now I cannot figure out how to have the battery life display on my phone App.  Any instructions on how to get device battery life displayed on the App would be welcomed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

It's absolutely awful!!

Best Answer

This app update makes my device unusable for me. Plus it seems to be affecting battery drain, my device went from 88% to critical in one day after the update.. and then it took all night to charge to 92 % (the app calls this full now) Not having the battery app percentage on the app is a deal breaker . It should be on the MAIN page.  Finally Time to buy an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
Thanks for taking the time! We all appreciate it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am disappointed in the updates. Especially deleting the battery charge level.  No you have to go in and search for it. Not cool

Best Answer

Hi @Bhalli46 you try restarting the Luxe? Your first post was there, so I merged your second one with it so you can get responses in one thread.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worst upgrade I have ever seen.  That old saying, if it’s not broken then don’t fix it. No % for the battery?  Sort options are the worst. I shut everything off and just left the steps on.  When my Luxe breaks I’m moving to something else.  

Best Answer

Hi @SwillyJilly you can see the battery strength on the Fitbit device. There is no way to change it back to the previous app. They just released it, so don't expect it to change quickly, if at all. Fitbit doesn't have to get our permission to change things. See Section 18 of the Terms of Service.

Best Answer
Hi @Odyssey13
Thanks for your reply. I quite like the changes to app and realise they won’t change back, I just find it frustrating that I can no longer see my battery percentage ‘at a glance’ when I’m looking at my phone. The face on my device is small and is hard to read in certain light. I hope others mention it and Fitbit catch on, I can only hope!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SwillyJillyby the posts on the forums, I think people have let Fitbit know about it. I'm with you. Always use the app to check the battery strength, but tonight I'll charge it for the first time with the new app. My Inspire 3 charges quickly enough, so I'll just keep a closer eye on it.

Best Answer
@Odyssey13 until Fitbit (hopefully) addresses the issue I’ll just have to charge my device a bit more often just to be sure! I’m a bit of a charging freak 😂 thanks again for your help 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree the new app is not user friendly at all. It is away too busy for my liking which makes it a challenge to get to the function you want. I would very much prefer the old one. How could they miss including the battery charge indicator. I am one of the lucky ones who has never had any battery capacity issues after the first day I used it. It did die quickly but one call to support and a restart cured the problem for me.

Best Answer

I agree. Hate it! It looks like a 6year old designed it. One that likes green! 

Best Answer

You have to scroll down a long way on the phone screen to see the battery percentage now. It’s not a good update Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing tha battery level check on the fitbit dashboard has to be the stupidest thing to do ever. Why would you think this is a good idea? It's great to be out for a walk and find out after that your fitbit battery is dead and tracked about 50 steps. Truly a bonehead manuever. And on top I find I can't go back to the previous dashboard, perfect. You need to re-examine how you introduce a new app and what options are available to the customers you force to use it.

----

Yea, that don't work.

Best Answer

I agree. Worst app ever! No way to see battery level. No more Fitbits for me in the future.

Best Answer

My Charge 5 doesn't show the battery percentage either. I depend on that to gauge when I need to recharge. Used to show during manual synching. Hoping they fix that!

Best Answer

Not a fan either - looks like an Apple product which I hate and want to see my battery life as well. Liked being able to see how I was doing from a week to week comparison and that is gone now too. Liked the old colorful display which Google products have always done so well - now too flat looking!  Hate it!  If they don’t change it, I might as well go back to the Apple!  At least it did not stop disconnecting from the phone like this does!  Worst update ever!

Best Answer

The new update has got rid of the battery percentage. How are we meant to know when the Fitbit is fully recharged?  Getting the low battery notification may not help if we are not able to get to our charger. Knowing the battery level means we can recharge before a long hike, for example.   Anyone else miss the battery percentage?

Best Answer

I hate the new update. Horrible colour in a dull background. What are fitbit thinking!!! Change it back now!!!

Best Answer

Yup... It's horrible! Hope they listen to all of us and Change it back ASAP! 

Best Answer