Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install older Fitbit iOS app version?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody,

I just bought a fitbit Flex 2 for my brother as a gift. His phone is iphone 4s with ios 8. unfortunately he cant download the fitbit app, as it is compatible with ios 9 or higher. How can he download the older version of the app that is compatible with ios 8?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi everyone. Welcome! It's great to see you around @fsun9999

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with the Fitbit app. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome, however please note that it's not possible to download a previous version of the app and as you may know, now it's required to have Android OS 8.0 or higher to install the Fitbit app. I'd recommend checking this link which describes the compatibility requirements with the Fitbit app.

See you around.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, you are sorry it's an "inconvenience" for us with older phones.  Seriously?  Inconvenience?  Even if you never update the older version at least those of use with older phones could still use it.  Now it's not even a good watch because it doesn't update the time anymore.

Best Answer

Hello @lwg99 and welcome to the Help forum.  If you have an older iPhone that can’t support the current app, then you need to think about replacing your phone.  If you can’t update to iOS 13, then your phone isn’t supported by Apple.  This means that you don’t get security updates.  A very important update was released after your phone lost support.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a spare Versa (first model) sitting around- new- but now it's useless as I have Android 7. Even the Versa 1 I'm using now is only being used for basic functions. I used to be able to record my sleep info.- the reason for buying it- and my pulse, etc. I lost that functionality a few years ago. Fitbit is forcing us to buy newer phones to keep using our Fitbits. That's ridiculous and shows they could care less about us and only desire our money. They lost me as a customer. I'll move over to Apple now.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
Thanks.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, it's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. As with any other app, the Fitbit app was optimized to work on mobile devices that meet our requirements, and it'll also depend on the operating system. While it's not possible to download an older Fitbit app version, if possible, you can try borrowing a compatible mobile device from a friend or relative to set up and sync your Fitbit device.

I wanted to inform you that I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have more questions about any Fitbit device or feature, I'd invite you to check our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from other members. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and we'll continue working to improve your Fitbit experience with our products, services and overall environment.

Best Answer