Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reinstall the Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I reinstall the icon?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

@JoyceV2 Thanks for joining this thread, and for your efforts while working on this matter. To reinstall the Fitbit app on your iOS device, you can use this link or go to the App Store, search for Fitbit: Health & Fitness and install it. Please take in mind that the Fitbit app will be available on mobile devices that meet the compatibility requirements described here.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have more questions related to Fitbit, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Keep up the super stepping!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Dirma If you're referring to your Fitbit App icon, you can re- download it in the App store. For more information, click here

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Ricky Community Moderator Fitbit

Training for life? Get Fit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit icon disappeared from my bottom task bar after doing the update?  How do I get it back? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

My icon for fitbit just vanished from my phone. I still have ap installed. How do I get icon back without losing my workout history?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marehareIf an Android phone go to your Apps Icon, tap, find the Fitbit Icon, hold your finger on the that and at the top of the screen it should show "Add to home screen", then drag the Fitbit Icon to the top of the screen. 

I can't help with the iPhone..

@marehare wrote:

My icon for fitbit just vanished from my phone. I still have ap installed. How do I get icon back without losing my workout history?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lost Fit bit icon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ezflyer2, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If you're unable to locate the Fitbit app icon on your phone, please go to the App Store and look for Fitbit. If the app is installed in your phone, you will be able to see the "Open" button. Please check every group in your phone to locate it, remember that if you have several apps in a single group, you can swipe left to check the rest of the apps contained in it. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I did what was suggested and it is still installed but I still can’t get it back onto my Home Screen. Once it’s open, what do you do next? 
Best Answer

Same here! I deleted my app from my iphone yesterday (6/14) as a last resort, since my Versa 2 stopped emitting a bluetooth signal and my iphone 12 (even tried my ipad and older iphone) couldnt locate it. I had already done the forget device. Anyway, same issue. I have ti go to the app store and click open. I’ve never had this problem with an app before and I checked EVERY “folder” on my phone and no fitbit app. Im gonna check with Apple next. I cant afford an apple watch right now, otherwise I would have ordered that already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and was able to go into my App Library (it was a screen which I’m not really sure how I happened upon).   The App Library displayed all my apps which had been downloaded, including the one for Fitbit.   I clicked on the icon and options popped up, one of which was something to the effect of: arrange Home Screen  (or something about “home” screen). After selecting this option, the icon popped up on my Home Screen (as if it has just been newly downloaded)  and from there I was able to move it to my health folder. I’m not overly tech savvy- so maybe someone else can help clear up any vagueness I’ve attempted to explain. Hope this helps for you. 

Best Answer

Thank you! It worked. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Pickleballmom and @Joeishere.

@Pickleballmom I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and solution. Thank you for your time and efforts to help other users!

@Joeishere I am glad to hear the suggestion provided in this thread helped you resolve the issue. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and feedback. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you msg/email/post here  instructions, please. 
I can seem to get the info from your link. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

@JoyceV2 Thanks for joining this thread, and for your efforts while working on this matter. To reinstall the Fitbit app on your iOS device, you can use this link or go to the App Store, search for Fitbit: Health & Fitness and install it. Please take in mind that the Fitbit app will be available on mobile devices that meet the compatibility requirements described here.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have more questions related to Fitbit, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Keep up the super stepping!

Best Answer