Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete in-app Notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!  I have notifications that are from April and this is February.  Apparently, notifications are NOT dropping off after 30 days like I have read.  The red dot is also showing on notifications.  How do I clear these?  I am using the app on my iPad.  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Zmw717 Hi and Welcome, im not too sure about the workings of IOS systems, but, you could try the following, log out from the app, restart your device and then log back in again - its a long shot but I have seen somewhere that it has worked on some IPhones so may work on the IPad too,

Sorry if this doesn't work I am Sure a Moderator will check this if you reply that it has not worked

I will flag with a moderator I have seen on the IOS Forums so they may be able to provide more suggestions

@MarcoGFitbit  could you please follow up on this should the steps given be unsuccessful

Kind Regards

Wayne

Edit 1 -

@Zmw717  @MarcoGFitbit Hi back for part 2 sorry  - if the IOS works on a similar basis to the Android App can I just check that when you click on the notification what colour are they?? if they look to be a light blue they have not been acknowledged so will stay there, you will need to click on each one until it goes white - once that is done you will need to refresh the page (swipe down on Galaxy phones) not sure on your device but I will assume it is the same anything more than 30 days old will then disappear make sure the rest have been acknowledged for the auto removal to work,

Hope this works

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I will give this a try.  I can’t click on the notification to clear it.  Nor can I swipe it. 

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Zmw717 and @ashwolve, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

@Zmw717I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that Messages are the ones who get deleted after 30 days. In-app Notificaitons can't be deleted for the time being.

Additionally, please note that, our team is aware of this situation related to the red dot showing up even when you don't have any pending notification. They're working to resolve it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit Thank you for chasing up on this, much appreciated

Be advised when I wrote my response I was able to delete the older notifications mine ran for 2016 to 2018 and I cleared them all - just so I am not getting confused the notification that I could clear was the daily goal and cheers etc so I believe that these were in-app,  I apologises if I have misunderstood your report and I am talking about something completely different - because I had not acknowledged them they were I lightish blue in colour - when I tapped them they did not open just changed to a white colour - once I had done that to them all I swiped down (refreshed) and they all disappeared but please note I was using Galaxy S6 to perform this function,

so is it safe to assume this is am IOS issue if the same does not work for that incase I get the same issue reported and I am first responder again

hope this helps with any further information

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ashwolve, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided more details about this situation. Please note that at this moment it's not possible to delete Notifications in both the iOS or Android apps, which is why our team removed in-app Notifications based on step-goals from the app and now they're only being shown as push Notifications on your phone. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply back. Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes