Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "Location access & Bluetooth sharing" pop up?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Set allow Location Access to Always..." shows up every time I open my app on my iPhone.

Make it stop.

I have the settings set the way I want them.

I also see that this issue was reported in October of 2020, and Fitbit had no response.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Amyxyz

Please note you'll need to select "Always" in order to avoid this message, otherwise it'll continue to pop-up. Having these permissions allowed is a requirement for the Fitbit device to access all features and connect with the phone.

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion boardThat way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support, and our team can take it into consideration. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

I've moved your post to iOS App for organization purposes. 

Have a nice day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Amyxyz

Please note you'll need to select "Always" in order to avoid this message, otherwise it'll continue to pop-up. Having these permissions allowed is a requirement for the Fitbit device to access all features and connect with the phone.

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion boardThat way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support, and our team can take it into consideration. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

I've moved your post to iOS App for organization purposes. 

Have a nice day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my best option is not to have privacy and security settings set the way I wish for maximum privacy, but the way that Fitbit/Google want them?  That is a BS attitude.  A couple years ago, the suggestion was to set Location for Fitbit app to Never under privacy and also app settings (which are linked or the same flag read/set from two screens).  I don't use the GPS features of the device, so why is Location required other than for your company's own data collection needs?  And you are going to be as annoying as you can until you force submission???

Best Answer

This is still happening. Fitbit, get the point that some of your users don’t want to give you access to our location anytime you want it. This is getting to the point where you may lose my entire family as a customer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes