Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log meals for previous days?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wasn't able to log my food or meals on my Ionic yesterday.  Is there a way to go back on a previous day and log it?  I noticed if one entry was made its easy to add but if you don't make one entry for the day its seems gone.  Any advice?  thank you!  Nancy

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LindyD and a warm welcome.  This thread was started when the app had a different layout.  Try this:

• Tap on the + on your food tile from the Today screen (not the whole tile)
  • Choose the food you want to add
  • Just below the Anytime/Breakfast/Lunch section the is a Date
  • Tap on that and you get the wheel to change the date
  • Set it to Yesterday 
  • Tap Log in the upper right for just one thing to add or Log and add more at the bottom if there is more
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Are you really logging your food on your wrist @njbionicuser01, as you say? I don't think you really are using the ionic to log food, iImaight be wrong. 

I'm unaware of a third party Ionic app that can log food. 

Are you logging food on some type of phone fitbit app, the win 10 app or the web site? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m logging in on my Fitbit app on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's the step by step for back loading those meals nj...

To log food with the fitbit.com dashboard:

1. Hover your mouse over either the Food Plan or Calories In vs. Out tile, and click the arrow icon in the lower right corner. This will take you to the food log.
  2. From this page, you can log your meals by entering food descriptions and quantities along with the time they were consumed.

To log food with the Fitbit app, tap or click the + icon and tap or click Log Food.
search for the food then when it comes up with the cals

touch "today" toward the bottom and use the date wheel to choose when you ate it - be aware you can only go back in time 2 months and forward one.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Hello @njbionicuser01, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Rich_Laue and @wmchapman, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@njbionicuser01, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. I wanted to reach out and ask you if you were able to log in food for previous days following @wmchapman's instructions. If not, please let us know so we can check this further and determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to log food for previous day on my iPhone.      I cannot add anything unless there was something already entered for that’s day.  

Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  Even if I go back to a previous day it adds the food onto today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I’m having the same problem and have tried the advice given it just adds everything into today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LindyD and a warm welcome.  This thread was started when the app had a different layout.  Try this:

• Tap on the + on your food tile from the Today screen (not the whole tile)
  • Choose the food you want to add
  • Just below the Anytime/Breakfast/Lunch section the is a Date
  • Tap on that and you get the wheel to change the date
  • Set it to Yesterday 
  • Tap Log in the upper right for just one thing to add or Log and add more at the bottom if there is more
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you so much. This really helped. Never saw that date section. Thanks for pointing it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your participation in this thread, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments.

If you have another question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community. Keep in mind you can always check our Help Site where you'll find more information about our products, features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes