Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a deleted exercise log?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I accidentally deleted my exercise data that I did earlier today from my iOS . I am using Fitbit blaze. How do I get back the data ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

First day with my Versa 2 replacement for my Blaze.  Arrived just in time to use it for a 10 mile run.  Worked great in giving me status during the run....only wish that I had not inadvertently deleted the run history.   I synced after the run and it shows that I ran the distance but I can’t see any of the details.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely needs sorting 2 years on and tbey still have not rectified!  My fit bit/phone logs multiple times for the same run as I like to use strava and have mfp too. I delete the others but inadvertently deleted my last two runs instead... Gutted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, it’s utterly ridiculous this still has not been fixed after so many comments and the attention brought to this issue. Just sucks doing a great workout and then poof it’s gone:/ I really hope Fitbit gets on this issue so no one has to deal with this in the future. 

Best Answer

This is just sooooooooooooooo disappointing. Fitbit has done nothing about this for 2 years??

Best Answer

I’ve just done the exact same thing by accident! It’s ridiculous that this has not been addressed - it was clearly identified as an issue in 2018.

It’s a simple UX/UI Fix too! 

Apple Watch next time!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Community Forums @Stevefelk

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for providing us your feedback. I understand how frustrating this can be. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. While is not possible to recover the deleted exercise, you can manually log your details to get credit for your efforts. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap on the "+" icon > Log.
  3. Tap a recent activity, or search for an exercise type.
  4. Enter the activity details, and tap Add.
  5. Tap Today and you'll see your exercise logged. This log will also count toward your weekly exercise goal.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding the exercise manually is not the point, therefore also not a solution.

As it happens by only two swipes and there is no confirmation dialog, deleting the exercise by accident is way too easy. If you are unable to develop proper delete functionality, at least remove the option currently available which is doing more harm than good (keep only the one in desktop for example).

Best Answer

I did the same… tested it then on another exercises just to be sure, result - it is the same all the times: swipe left, and then swipe right to hide those buttons - poof, it is gone forever.

As many people here, I have the same feeling - very disappointed that Fitbit did not fix such simple issue after several years… 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit app. I understand how helpful it'd be to have this option and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

While there isn't a recover option when deleting an exercise, I'd recommend adding your vote to this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board. This will help our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. Additionally, as mentioned before, you can follow the steps described in this help article to manually log your activities and get credit for your efforts.

To keep the forums organized, I'm going to close this thread. However, if you have another question, you can always create a new thread to receive help from the Community. Fitbit constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

Best Answer