Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover an activity / steps too high when biking.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

new to the Fitbit world, so I’ve a couple of questions,

just been out out for a bike ride and my steps have achieved 10000+ but I know I haven’t walked that far so why has this happened.

secondly when looking at my activity for the bike ride I swiped left and deleted it, data seems to be still there but activity has disappeared, can this be rescued?

cheers

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your questions. Tell me, which Fitbit device are you currently using? If you're using a Versa/Versa Lite, Ionic or Charge 3, you can tap on the Exercise app and start a Bike activity here for it to be more accurate and not counting steps during it. 

Fitbit devices have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking. The algorithm determines whether a motion's size is large enough by setting a threshold. If the motion and its subsequent acceleration measurement meet the threshold, the motion will be counted as a step. This includes moving your arm, as when we're walking our arms swing to the sides.

Now, when it comes to the deleted activity. At this moment you can manually log in an activity to take place at the same time of the deleted one. The manual activity logged in will take the data from the previous activity and add it to itself. 

Give this a try and let us know the outcome, if you need anything else, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm using a charge 3, when I went out on the bike yesterday I activated the bike activity. Today I never but still gave me 7000 steps. 

As as for the log I managed to re enter the deleted data.

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I appreciate you have come back to us and let us know you were able to managed to re-enter the deleted data. Now, when it comes to your Charge 3 recording steps while you're performing a Biking activity, I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart your Charge 3.
  2. Try using your Charge 3 on your other wrist. 

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes