Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share custom foods?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have found that I can share my custom foods with a friend by setting the privacy setting to friends and then inviting and creating that friend. Then it says to select that friend in the list and tap the Food tab. So using iOS app i go to community and select that friend but there is no Food tab. How do I do this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Marcster, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment, sharing Custom Foods is no longer available. I understand your concern about this feature and I would like to thank you for your insight. In terms of an update, there aren't currently any plans to re-release this feature. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes, in the meantime, our team has left this feature suggestion open for discussion. Please feel free to add your comment and vote for this idea to share your support. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now thats a frustrating feature to remove - without this feature both myself and my partner have to both manually add the foods we eat. It would be much easier to 'add once and share many'

Given the fitbit food database is really poor compared to other databases such as myfitnesspal dot com, I would have thought this would be a good way to overcome this deficiency 

Best Answer

Aren't custom foods automatically uploaded into Fitbit's database? I'd be really annoyed if something went wrong and I lost them all!!

Best Answer

Hello @tecishere, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your participation in the Forums. Please note that your custom foods get automatically saved in your online Dashboard, not on the general Fitbit database, you can check them by going to the food section of the online Dashboard. What it's not possible is to share the custom foods you've created. As mentioned before, our team does not have plans to release this feature in the near future but if anything changes, we'll make sure to let everyone know through the official forums. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Want to put my vote in for restoring the ability to share custom foods with friends. Helping my family members and friends to fully use the power of the fitbit is hindered by the inconvenience of unnecessary repetition. Hearing that this feature was previously available but is no longer is also quite irritating.

Best Answer

----------------------------------------

Best Answer
0 Votes

The lack of entries, particularly brand specific entries, mean that you accept Googling is the norm. Main gripe is that when I manually enter the Nutritional information it cant be shared with friends/family who also use fitbit (and they then need to manually enter too)

Barcode recognition would be a great feature for supermarket bought foods - however  I don't believe I've ever had it recognise a food.(I'm guessing results may vary by country?)

Ultimately a first world problem.....it works, but its clunky

Best Answer

----------------------------------------

Best Answer
0 Votes

So let me get this strait.

"Your Team" felt so inclined to "REMOVE" a widely used feature by many community members that live in the same household that would otherwise make it infinitely easier to keep their food plans consistent with their spouse for the purpose of (who really knows).

"Your Team" also has no inclination to re-release this feature for the convenience of the community as a whole. And you are willing to keep this topic open for discussion so that memebers like myself can express our frustration about "Your Team's" decisions.

Did I miss anything?

Best Answer