Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sleep data after updating iPhone to iOS 15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After an iPhone update to ios 15 last night, I have no sleep and other data except current heartbeat, steps and SpO2! This is an ongoing issue. I mistakenly clicked on answered. Please help!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @rollerotr

It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced after updating your phone. As you may know, your watch will provide you with sleep information based on the heart rate data recorded when sleeping. However, there are a few factors that may prevent you from receiving this data:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your watch from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your watch's battery is critically low.

If the issue persists even after making sure of those conditions, please try performing a restartwear your watch higher on your other wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone) to sleep and sync it once you're awake to check your details.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the recommendations including restarting my Sense. I'm only getting steps, heart rate on main page, and spO2. No sleep data, no health metrics except spO2. In fact, last month when I first posted, I got so frustrated that I downgraded to ios 14.8. Sleep data came back. Then, 2 days ago Apple came out with 15.01 so I upgraded my phone. Again I have no sleep data. Help!!

Best Answer

@rollerotr Thanks for response. 

I appreciate for trying the suggested instructions. Since the issue happened again after the update on your phone, let's refresh the connection, so I suggest trying the following: 

1. Restart your phone 

2. Set up your Sense as new device 

• Tap the Today tab  and tap your profile picture.
  • Tap Set Up a Device.
  • Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue. You'll need to select replace device to continue. 

3. Once it is connected back to your account, let's test the device to see if it will be able to track the sleep and health metrics data. 

Note that in order to get health metric information, you need to wear your device for at least a full day, including to sleep at night. (skin temperature requires 3 nights of data).

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried setting up the Sense as a device as you suggested. It worked except for the following:

No breathing rate data in Health Metrics!!

Skin temperature did give me a reading (didn't have to wait 3 days).

And I went to bed at 1:00AM, but "Bedtime" said 2:58AM, so I really didn't get get sleep numbers. I always snug up the watchband so it doesn't move on my wrist. Not tight, but it doesn't move on my wrist while sleeping. 

Any further help will be much appreciated! 

Also, does reading in bed before sleeping affect the watch's ability to register the correct sleep time? (turned out light at 1 AM sleep data read bedtime 2:58 AM)

Moderator Edit: Merged replies 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you I’m having the exact same problems and nothing seems to be helping! 

I’m having the exact same problems and none of the solutions are helping

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @rollerotr. Welcome! It's great to see you around @Jen2you

I appreciate the additional details shared and for all your troubleshooting efforts. Note that most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a breathing rate reading. Also your device will register sleep when your body is completely at rest and you haven’t moved for about an hour. 

That said, and if you continue having issues with the sleep, I recommend changing the sleep sensitivity setting, for testing purposes: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Activity and wellness →  Sleep and then Sensitivity and make your changes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the feedback. But unfortunately I’ve tried that as well. It has everything to do with the update. Not me as I’ve been a long time user of Fitbit and know all the tricks to try to figure it out.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Fitbit 4 after updating to iOS 15. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting steps above and it still doesn't synch sleep data.

This has happened after several iOS updates.It seems like Fitbit relies on it's users to do the testing,

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, New Charge 5, worked well for 4 days now metrics missing every morning. So far my new Fitbit isn’t what I was hoping it would be.  Please help.

Best Answer

It seems that many of us long time Fitbit users experience issues from time to time, especially after Fitbit or OS updates. Setting up the Fitbit as a new device has helped me the most, although it may take several days for all metrics to appear. So, I do believe it is complicated and "fixes" are no guarantee of proper function. It is something I have learned to live with, although not happily. At least the forum is active with occasional responses from someone representing Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I am with you on that! It used to log my Sleep Cycle and now it is not! And constantly losing its connection with other features on my Fitbit four. It is extremely frustrating as this thing is only two weeks old and I’m already getting frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated to 16.3.1 last night, and having the same issue. Restarting phone doesn't help, rebooting app doesn't help, removing and replacing device doesn't help....

any ideas, fitbit? 

Best Answer