Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop IN-APP notifications from friends and community posts

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to disable the constant barrage of notifications from various posts I’ve commented on to reduce the endless stream of notifications, but cannot find the settings or option after adding my comment.    Please advise on when this action can or should be taken ...    

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Fitmeditate, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Fitmeditate, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback about this feature. Please note that even though it's not possible to turn off all Notifications from a post or posts at the same time, you're more than welcome to vote and comment on  @courtneyanne120'suggested idea, this is the best way to get the attention from our development team as they're continuously monitoring ideas demand over time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hello @MarkInCentralTx, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you trying to stop in-app notifications (showing as a red dot on the Notifications tab in the Fitbit app), or are you trying to stop email notifications sent to you after someone replies on a Community thread you've commented?

For the first case:

Please go to the Notification Settings on the online Dashboard and un-check any (or all) of the boxes under Mobile.

InAppNotifications.PNG

For the second case:

Go to the post from where you're receiving Notifications, then click on the gear icon on the top right corner right above the main post, once you click on it you will be able to see a menu, click on Unsubscribe and you will no longer receive email notifications from said post. Repeat the process on the rest of the posts.  

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Greetings Marco G.  

I am referring to notifications of OP's comments to a Community thread I've commented on.   I have checked setting options on the online DASHBOARD->SETTINGS->NOTIFICATIONS, but do not see any option/choice for controlling comments on Community/Group threads.    There is an option (outside the area pictured on your solution) described as 'Activity from Groups you Follow'. 

FitBit_Notifications1a.png

As you can see, I currently have this set as 'Individual Emails'.   Now, technically these notifications only appear on the in-app Notifications tab on my iPhone... and not in the online DASHBOARD->Notifications drop down list.  Perhaps this is the option to disable all notifications from community/group threads ?

Per your 'second case' solution, I assume that control exists on each in-app thread.  However, on my mobile device, there is no in-app 'gear' symbol in the upper right on the community thread, just the 3 dots.   The options there are 'Report Post' and 'Cancel' and they do not include 'UnSubscribe'. 

So, there in lies the problem ... No in-app gear to unsubscribe, no notification online to jump me to the thread, and I still can't disable these continuous in-app notifications.

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer

Hello @MarkInCentralTx, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for clarifying this for me. At this moment it's not possible to stop the in-app Notifications from people replying to a Community post inside the app. The gear icon appears on the posts from the Community Boards. 

I understand your concern about this, which is why I would like to suggest you to check on @annafrances's suggested idea to implement this feature on a future update. Please feel free to add your vote and comment, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention of our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply again. 

Best Answer

Those notifications drive me nuts too! I actually try not to comment if a friend posts. I don’t want to deal with non-stop notifications from other friends responding, sometimes for days. Fitbit app seems a little pieced together sometimes. Hopefully they can streamline this in the future.

Best Answer

Hello @Jen_5, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your insight about this situation and I understand how important it is for you to stop in-app notifications from replies made on a Community tab post. 

If you haven't done it yet, please vote and comment on @courtneyanne120'suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. This is truly the best to get the attention from our development team.

Thanks again for your feedback, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I have stopped commenting on anyone's achievement because of the constant stream of further comments I do not wish to receive. Sometimes it's more like a dating site. 

I just want to add encouragement or congratulate someone not have notifications of people going hi you look nice etc etc

Best Answer

This notification is the most stupid thing to be enabled if you don't have an option to disable it.

I was really excited about getting a fitbit and now silly little niggles like this are piling up and getting really annoying.

Get it right or loose your customers.

There are more smart watches out there now and prices are very similar.

Best Answer

That is really annoying. Made the mistake of commenting to encourage someone and all these notification are annoying . This really needs to be fixed. 

Best Answer

Hello @Mikiboy@bigRed3000 and @HypnoTechie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and I understand how important for you is to get this notifications removed. The best way to make your voice heard is voting and adding your comment on @courtneyanne120'suggested idea, this will give our Support Team a scope of how much this feature is requested. The more votes and comments an idea has, the more visibility it has as well. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

On a side note ...

This won’t help those who want to respond to a post via their iPhone, but if you are replying via iPad, there is a simple fix for the problem. When replying, deselect the check mark at “Email me when someone replies.” You would have to do this for each reply, but it is a short, easy step. 

95525A62-99EE-40C5-8127-5D53B1FA67A4.jpeg

Best Answer

This is the most ridiculous system that not allowed us to disable notification from someone who replied to someone's post. We only concern the reply that hashtag/refer to our own reply on that particular post, why the heck keep notifying us what other people replies? It become a spam!

The solution is - do not respond to any post. Then we shall have a peaceful app.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @Fitmeditate, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Fitmeditate, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback about this feature. Please note that even though it's not possible to turn off all Notifications from a post or posts at the same time, you're more than welcome to vote and comment on  @courtneyanne120'suggested idea, this is the best way to get the attention from our development team as they're continuously monitoring ideas demand over time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Thank you for asking that question it’s crazy to be bombarded just because you commented. I guess I just won’t comment ever again

Best Answer

This is crazy. It’s so annoying. I don’t understand why obvious improvements like these never get done!

Best Answer

I found the solution for android.

Follow my step by step screenshots in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JzC8ANYB_T0CKARWSoE6s-ZAYOIaBG8R

Enjoy!

Best Answer

If you are referring to notifications regarding posts to these forums, it is possible to unsubscribe, stopping future notifications. Tap the gear at the top, right of the forum screen and select Unsubscribe. 

AF653C9D-5B07-40AC-B11B-FF7A44BC2597.jpeg

Best Answer

I can't believe it's available for Android and not for iPhone... how are these apps not the same? This is ridiculous!!!

Best Answer

Carol-B we are referring to in-app (as the title of the thread says...) notifications. Not to posts here on these forums or anywhere else for that matter. IN-APP notifications on iPhone that pop up every time an iPhone user cheers or comments on a post from the community (again, within the iPhone app). Android users have the possibility to turn these annoying notifications on or off as they wish (as it has been clarified above), but iPhone users do not have this (crucial) option.

HELP!

Best Answer

This is not a "solution" and shouldn't be falsely marketed to your customers as such. The lack of a solution, given 1) the timeframe the problem has existed for your customers, 2) the number of people who have reported the problem, and 3) the fact that your competitors have already addressed this issue for their customers, is incredibly inconsiderate the of fitbit customers who are losing their enthusiasm for the community due to faulty development of the platform. 

Best Answer