Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop IN-APP notifications from friends and community posts

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to disable the constant barrage of notifications from various posts I’ve commented on to reduce the endless stream of notifications, but cannot find the settings or option after adding my comment.    Please advise on when this action can or should be taken ...    

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hello @Monieluvv, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. Please note that if a post is marked as a "solution" is because another member of the Community maked it as such as we as moderators can't. Keep in mind that the development cycle varies based on whether it’s for software, hardware, web application, etc. During the early phase of development, a significant amount of research and planning is performed, in advance of any feature release.

Integrating new hardware features after a device has been released to the public can be a challenge, however, our team usually releases a series of firmware updates and app updates with new features or bug fixes as software is always in development. 

Thanks again for sharing your feedback, if there's anything else you want to add or if there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has any follow up been done on disabling notifications for every random person that comments on a post I’ve commented in? I am no longer going to comment on posts to avoid this major annoyance making the social aspect I was so excited for redundant to me!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Snap. Waste of time. Just wanted to say well done to someone now I get contstant alerts because some random has replied to the OP’s post. 

Surely an an easy software fix at Fitbit’s end. Get this sorted and no.... we don’t want to “Vote” on “new” features. This is basic stuff. 

Best Answer

Hello @CPTMelissa and @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That moderators claim this topic to ‘solved’ is ridiculous! As is the fact that users cannot turn off those notifications!

Apparently I commented the very first time on a thread, and suffer too now under this nonsense-bombardement of notifications I am absolutely not interested in. 

I hope those nuisances will stop soon, otherwise I’ll probably have to delete the app for some time.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hi @vanaca -If you are referring to threads in these Community Forums, then I have a solution for you. 

• Tap the gear at the top right of the page
  • Select Unsubscribe.
  • Close the thread completely

Please see the picture below. Hopes this helps. 

0CBBCCEF-8C6A-49FC-81FC-D3C44DB61AF3.jpeg

Best Answer

I'm not referring to this forum here.
I'm referring to threads I comment within the Fitbit App, as other users in this thread are referring to. 
And as in the "solving" answer was declared, the alleged "solution" states: "Please note that even though it's not possible to turn off all Notifications from a post or posts at the same time, you're more than welcome to vote and comment on  @courtneyanne120'suggested idea, this is the best way to get the attention from our development team as they're continuously monitoring ideas demand over time." 

Best Answer

I was afraid that was what you were referring to, @vanaca , but I just wanted to be sure. 

Within these forums, solved means the issue was taken as far as it could go in the present circumstances. In this case, the feature you want is not available at this time. The next step is to vote for the idea in the New Feature Suggestions forum. Your vote is important because this is where Fitbit officially tracks the popularity of a suggestion. This is how the system works. And until if/when the suggestion is implemented, the subject is resolved. Sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @vanaca thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. 

@vanaca I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. Please note that if a post has been marked as a solution it's because someone considered it a solution and marked it as such. Moderators can't mark posts as solutions and as the Community Forums are public, one of its members can mark a solution. 

Thanks again for your feedback, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallalujah. 

Was starting to think I made a mistake in getting another fitbit!

Best Answer

And here we are in 2019 and Fitbit still hasn’t fixed this issue. You suck fitbit! I will never comment on any posts again. 

Best Answer

Well, it's obviously not a solution regardless of someone marking it as such. We've gone to the tread recommended and asked them to implement the feature, and it's just not getting done. It's been a year. This has nothing to do with hardware, it's a simple software feature, in fact it is harder to make it so that notifications pop up than it is to make it do nothing. It's literally a button that will stop something they programmed into it "if button pressed then stop doing this thing we told it to do", it's programming, not rocket science.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit So I made the big mistake of commenting and now I can’t get rid of these notifications!  Seems over a year later there still isn’t a fix /option to disable! 😖

Best Answer

Step 1 – Go to your Account Settings in the “Account” tab in the higher proper hand corner of Facebook. Step 2 – Click on the “Notifications” tab. Click on the Notifications tab. Step 3 – Scroll down and in the “Wall Comments” section, uncheck the “Comments After me on a Wall story

Best Answer

Pretty crazy that this is the only true way to not get all these notifications. You would think with the developers they have this could easily be implemented... I'm baffled a bit tbh!

Best Answer

🗣BASIC stuff @SunsetRunner

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is actually very annoying. 2 years later and this is still an issue. I think switching to the Apple Watch would solve this. I’m pretty annoyed by Fitbits lack of help even years later!

Best Answer

Cool guys, well it's February 2020, I'm a new customer and I just killed all notifications from Fitbit on my phone after commenting on the first community thread ever.

It's pretty INSANELY obnoxious.

Best Answer

This is so frustrating!! I am having the same issue.  I make a comment on a post and get a non stop barrage of notifications from other comments left on that post.  I am unable to stop this from happening.  The three dots on the post only allows to report post.  I have gone through my settings, and even unchecked receiving notifications for messages to my phone.  No luck!  This is EXTREMELY frustrating. It looks like I'm going to have to stop ALL notifications on my phone from FitBit, which I really don't want to do.  The tech guys really need to get on this and add a simple button to allow us to opt out.  Why do we have to get notified for every single comment or like???? SIGH

It makes me never want to comment on a post in fitbit ever again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post was 2 years ago, and it appears to still be a problem.  When are they going to roll out the update to take away this problem that it seems so many are having?

Best Answer
0 Votes