Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off insights on Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I stop these endless, stupid an annoying notifications?

Moderator edit: title for clarification 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Chasw60

Try the following -

On the web dashboard, in the upper right corner, click on the gear icon.

Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.

Then select "Notifications" from the list on the left of the page that is displayed.

Deselect the "app" and "Email" notifications you no longer want to receive.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save".

Scroll back up to the top of the screen. You should have a message displayed in a green background that states "You have updated your notifications successfully."

Personally, I only have low battery, new badges and weekly summary notifications selected.

Good luck, and welcome to the boards.

Oh - before you ask, once the notifications are received on your app, you cannot delete them from the notifications tab. It is a known issue that Fitbit is looking into.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Chasw60

Try the following -

On the web dashboard, in the upper right corner, click on the gear icon.

Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.

Then select "Notifications" from the list on the left of the page that is displayed.

Deselect the "app" and "Email" notifications you no longer want to receive.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save".

Scroll back up to the top of the screen. You should have a message displayed in a green background that states "You have updated your notifications successfully."

Personally, I only have low battery, new badges and weekly summary notifications selected.

Good luck, and welcome to the boards.

Oh - before you ask, once the notifications are received on your app, you cannot delete them from the notifications tab. It is a known issue that Fitbit is looking into.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

This didn't solve the issue unless they're not talking about what I'm thinking of. Everyday, when I open the Fitbit app (iPhone XR updated to the newest iOS), I get the banner pushing my current data down (steps, miles, water, etc). I've hit thumbs down on every one of them (sleep, congratulations on X days hitting my goals, etc). They still pop up every day. It's on the obnoxious side, and I really don't want to see these notifications anymore. I was able to make them go away until a few Fitbit app updates ago. Please help us stop having these in app notifications/reminders.

Example: Purple box across the whole app that says:

Sleep
Wonder what makes you sleepy? It's all because of a chemical in the body called..." LEARN MORE and a thumbs up or thumbs down option. My app rotates between a few different ones but also gives me a "congratulations" box across the top at least once a day saying how many days I've met my goals (the annoying part about that one is that it's over 200 days off. I've hit my goals daily for over a year, but it only shows 100 something days).

Best Answer

That annoys me as well and you are correct the troubleshooting they suggested do not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @HydeParkBooks.

Thanks for joining this thread and your efforts while working on this matter. Let me explain the steps suggested above will help to delete notifications received on your phone or inbox. On the other hand, if you refer to the insights displayed at the top of the Fitbit app, let me share that it's not possible to disable them.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and please know your feedback is appreciated as it'll help us to improve our services.

Best Answer
0 Votes