Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Reminders to Move?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to stop my wrist band notifications for movement. How?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can disable the "reminder to move" function. The following is taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1986/

"If you don't want to be reminded to move for a certain period of time, you can turn off your reminders on your Fitbit dashboard.

• FITBIT APP
    1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Hourly Activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
    2. Tap the gear icon and turn Reminders to Move on or off."

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You can disable the "reminder to move" function. The following is taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1986/

"If you don't want to be reminded to move for a certain period of time, you can turn off your reminders on your Fitbit dashboard.

• FITBIT APP
    1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Hourly Activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
    2. Tap the gear icon and turn Reminders to Move on or off."

Best Answer

I did that and I still get reminders!!!

Best Answer

Did you sync after you made the change? A sync is needed to copy the change from the app to the fitbit.

Best Answer

I turned off the reminders to move, sync'd and still get reminders to move. They are driving me mad.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't stay off, it waits a few minutes and then turns itself on. I tried deleting notifications, nothing seems to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on your profile on the Fitbit website. Then choose View Device Settings. The click the Reminders to move. You can turn it off from there.

Hopefully that will work.

Best Answer
Thanks for your response, but nothing worked. Not uninstalling Fitbit app,
reinstalling, resetting Fitbit back to factory settings. In the end, Fitbit
kindly replaced the Versa Lite for me (it was still under warranty
fortunately).
Best Answer

Same for me. I'm trying to turn off reminders and nothing seems to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the fitbit app, go to account. 

Then click on the device you have connected, mine shows "SENSE". 

This takes you to where you change clock faces and apps but if you scroll down and click on "reminders to move", switch that off and it will save!

Best Answer

THANK YOU !!!! This solution worked  🥳  

Best Answer

I followed your steps on 07/25/2021 and was EXACTLY  the correct procedure.

The reason I put the date is because some posts are outdated and if the developers decide its too confusing and change the location of the settings.

THANKS!

But currently, your answeris the correct one

Best Answer

There are (at least) three places that present the option to enable/disable the 'reminders to move". The only one that worked for me is the Fitbit.com dashboard as explained in SteveH's answer.

The other two options are in the iOS app, by clicking on Hourly Activity and then the gear icon. Or by clicking on your profile icon, then the Fitbit device, then Reminders to Move. Attempting to change the setting by either the last two methods doesn't work for me since the setting gets reset the next time the Fitbit watch syncs.

Best Answer

I have followed all these steps and the reminders to move STILL turn back on 3 seconds later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this did not work. it still turns back on 3 seconds later!!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @K8kat and @SunsetRunner. It’s good to see you in the community, @PatTheDog.

@SunsetRunner @PatTheDog Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation.

@K8kat I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. For more information about reminders to move, see What's a Fitbit reminder to move? 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still get the reminders on my fitbit!  Very annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did  it twice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have the hourly activity tile. I have a sense. This never used to happen. I had to remove the sense and re-add it to solve another issue and now this is showing up. I also went into the sense setting and do not have the activity reminder setting checked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

press the tick botton

Best Answer
0 Votes