Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off ads on the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am frustrated by constantly seeing ads on my fitbit app. I continue to use Fitbit products because I have supported the company for years and I want them to succeed, but I’m over the constant ads, often for the products I already own. It has taken over the app, and if I can’t turn them off I am going to switch to another fitness tracking system. 

is there a way to disable the ads on the app?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The new app interface is terrible. It is so much more annoying. I really loathe the in-your-face Premium things everywhere. Does every single sleep summary I view need to have two buttons to learn more about premium? I'm going to be leaving FitBit behind after years of enjoying them, especially considering the recent Google acquisition.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @Uniqueuserbame and @dahveed311 

There is currently no way to stop the “Ads” as you call them. I must be honest and say I’m surprised you used the term “constant” when you described their frequency. I’m not experiencing that. I may have had two “Ads” I the last 6 months. Are you using the most updated version of the Fitbit App? If you feel something is excessive or unwanted you can make your voice be heard in the Fitbit Suggestion Forum. There is a suggestion to remove advertisements already available to vote on here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Removing-Ads-from-App/idi-p/2523825

😉 Who knows....maybe if enough individuals vote on it changes can take place. 

Best Answer

Now that Google owns Fitbit we’ll see lots of aggressive in-app advertising I’m sure. The YouTube app is a complete pain nowadays too with its constant premium sign-up requests.  

Best Answer

In my view, one ad is one ad too many. I pay for premium membership - I do not expect to see ANYTHING other than my health stats.

Best Answer

I just saw my first ever ad on Fitbit. As a result, I will be sure to cancel my premium membership before the free trial ends, and I am considering returning Fitbit and getting my money back. I don't see why I should have to pay to be bombarded with ads.

Best Answer
0 Votes