Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

I am extremely frustrated with this change ti sleepscore and will give them another week before I switch permanently to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Garmin is a good option also. I believe a bit less expensive

Best Answer

I did that back in September 2 weeks after using the updated app after the horrific sleep score was added.

Best Answer

First off I too hate the sleep score, I've posted so, many times... however

Sadly Fitbit has the best sleep metrics, I have read that Garmin is getting closer and they might even have better heart rate measurements but Fitbit is the best. Also note, just about all of the fitness watches include some kind of sleep score and not all fitness watches measure REM.

Apple is not a solution with their weak battery. They may get in the ball park when they fix that issue but then you know . . . apple products always charge premium prices. Apple competitors are simply to good at what they do and they charge far less. Apple is really not a reasonable solution if you are into fitness.

And finally changing to another competitor means I lose a ton of data my Fitbit has accumulated. On the semi positive side, some of the watches (Garmin) will take some of the fitness data (steps) and add it to their data base. But I have yet to discover a competitor that will also snatch the heart rate and sleep data.

So right now we are stuck with a good but flawed product. And a company that is not responsive to a simple customer request. Perhaps, by the time my Fitbit breaks, and it will (I've had 4 of them thus far), the other competitors will not only catch up but will also be able to snatch my fitness data and add it to their database.

Or maybe Fitbit will fix this issue.

Best Answer

I totally agree that sleep score is useless.  Please either allow the user's to switch or get rid of this completley.  Thank you. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Fitbit removes posts if they suggest anything legal. My fit has been a source of irritation for quite sometime. Other people are having the same complaints. Removing my post may help with fitbits fears but does nothing to help loyal customers. Currently I have this problem which again is not unfamiliar to the community.... I tried resetting my fitbit 3 time in a row. I t still does not give me my sleep data. It went from giving me scores and rem, light, and deep sleep to nothing. Instaed of squashing voices why doesn't fitbit respond to the concerns of the fitbit community.

Best Answer

My fit has been a source of irritation for quite sometime. Other people are having the same complaints. Removing my post may help with fitbits fears but does nothing to help loyal customers. Currently I have this problem which again is not unfamiliar to the community.... I tried resetting my fitbit 3 time in a row. I t still does not give me my sleep data. It went from giving me scores and rem, light, and deep sleep to nothing. Instaed of squashing voices why doesn't fitbit respond to the concerns of the fitbit community.

Best Answer

I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed yet.

i absolutely hate this unwanted feature (sleep score).

PLEASE Fitbit, make the appropriate change without delay!

Thank you.

Best Answer

Sleep score is so useless. It is beyond me why this is even a thing. Combine this issue with the screen going too dim on the Charge 3 and they’re ruining a great product. The old hours slept was perfect! Why did they mess this up? I keep hoping they’ll change it back. 👎

Best Answer

PLEASE!!!!! Make the Sleep score optional. The score is arbitrary and nonsensical. I was given a sleep score of 79 on a night where I had 23% REM 17% deep and 8% awake, slept 7 hours 3 minutes. The next night I got to sleep score of 87 and I got 11% deep 20% Rem and 11% awake slept 6 hours and 52 minutes. How does that make any sense? It's more frustrating to see the Sleep score and I would like the option to go back to average time slept. Please make the Sleep score go away!

Best Answer

Yeh, I don’t think they need to make it optional (because NOBODY likes it).

They need to retire it to the “make sure this thing never rears its ugly head again” bin.

The entire community hates this thing...no excuse not to fit it as we have asked.

I’ve purchased 5 fit bits for myself and given many others as gifts...

I'm going to track this for another month or two then start to look at alternatives.

That’s not a threat. The two features that I have enjoyed the most are distance walked and sleep. Without sleep time I’ve lost half the benefit of what I bought Fitbit for...unacceptable.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I agree I too used it for distanced walk and sleep. I will not purchase another Fitbit and will begin spreading the word on social media.

Best Answer
I like the sleep score.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jean40244444444 

i mean this entirely seriously and with respect for your opinion.  Most posters around here (including me) don’t see the same value that you do, so I’m honestly curious.

How are you using the sleep score in a way that it’s giving you useful, actionable information that is better than the information you got when FitBit only displayed the sleep time?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm glad that someone likes to sleep score. I'm wondering how you're using it and what meaning it gives you. Are you paying the monthly subscription?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sincerely hope you get an answer. I asked the same question in hopes of getting an answer. I wonder if they're paying the monthly subscription fee. I also I wonder if they're in any way affiliated with Fitbit. I ask this because I wonder why someone who likes the feature would wonder how to turn off the feature. That's what this thread has been about. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that’s called trolling...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not using the sleep score at all. I usually sleep 5 hours a night some times 4 sometimes 6 so if I go 2 weeks with not getting my 6 hours in I notice that I am not myself and I need more sleep. My sleep score is always in the 70s I can’t change that so it’s useless.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I know I also call them out on that as well!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When is this getting fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes