Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

This is an utterly useless feature, i feel worse about my sleep with it and it only gives me a high score when I oversleep. Please remove it immediately or at least give the option to turn it off 

Best Answer

This is an utterly useless feature, i feel worse about my sleep with it and it only gives me a high score when I oversleep. Please remove it immediately or at least give the option to turn it off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out Make Sleep Score Optional thread. Fitbit doesn't care! On going issue for over a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experiences and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. If you have the time, you could vote for this suggestion about making the sleep score optional. While it is listed as Not Currently Planned you can still support the idea by voting for it. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can Fitbit at least explain to their customers the reasoning for moving to a score and making it the default presentation of sleep quality while retaining Time Asleep as the core goal of sleep?  I can set a goal of 7 hours a night and instead of seeing time asleep the next morning I see a made up score.

I set a goal of 10,000 steps and see steps as the default view when I open the app.  No made up scoring system necessary.

This issue has been dragging on so long and is making it clear that the change was made in Fitbit's best interest and not their customers'.  They're not going to give the customers what they want but instead try to sell more premium memberships.  Greed over service.  This is often an early warning sign of innovative companies losing focus.

Best Answer

@Refuserefuse I wish I could give that a thousand votes! 👍🏼

Best Answer
You are exactly right, that’s why after years of being a loyal customer, I stopped using it.

Dr. von Kleist
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, and well said, too.  

I ignore sleep score now, but it was a slap in the face when I was undergoing chemo and I woke every day day to see the company's judgment of the sleep I'd so desperately needed.  Nothing like telling a cancer patient you'll never get a good night's sleep.

Maybe a note from a Doctor would help? 

Just kidding, Fitbit never listens.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences. 

I understand that this can be very frustrating. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as this helps us to keep improving. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed in our FAQs.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your message. It’s incredible to see the amount of posts on this topic, and that Fitbit refuses to listen to their customers on this. I’ve had my Fitbit for three years, but will be switching to Apple Watch now that they’ve introduced sleep tracking in WatchOS7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jrobinson99. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the sleep scores. I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Please know that every comment shared in the forums is never taken for granted as it helps us to improve our products, services and overall environment. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 HR died after 17 months, dead screen, responding to none of the dozens of solutions offered online by Fitbit or other users. Sorry, but a $160 device is not a disposable item. So my sleep score frustrations have solved themselves.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Hi @Rejcfj. Welcome back to the forums.

Thank you for the thorough feedback about your Charge 3 and the Fitbit app. I see your point of view and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. As mentioned above, our team always takes every comment shared in the forums into consideration to work on our products and improve their performance. Your feedback won't be the exception and please know that you're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rejcfj 

yup my fitbit, charge 3, is about the same age and having some problems. The companies lack of making the score optional on the front page is troubling. And it will be a factor when I have to upgrade/replace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also want to be able to turn sleep score off. It is contrary to the point of having a tracker as it increases anxiety about sleep. It may be a fitbit gimmick that helps you sell devices, but it is also contrary to good health. I want to turn mine off.

Best Answer