Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

I completely agree, I don't need my fitbit telling me how poorly I've slept. If this feature is not removed or at least optional I will stop wearing it. I am extremely unhappy about this feature.

Also you can not score somebodies sleep on the average. I can do with very little sleep so even in fitbit says poor it is fine for me while somebody else might need lots more sleep, while fitbit says good it is actually poor for them. Pleas fitbit REMOVE this feature!

Best Answer

Please provide a way to turn this off. I am motivated to do better with things I can actually control. It’s not fair to grade us when we can’t really control fully the quality of sleep.

Best Answer

I agree! I don’t like the sleep score at all! It means nothing to me! How do I turn it off?

I really liked seeing my week average sleep. 

Please change it back! 

Thank you! 

Best Answer

I noticed this new Sleep Score today. I’m not a fan; I want my old Average Hours back. 

Best Answer

As an individual with Health issues I need hours sleep...  not a useless number...   i see that swipping the chart gets the old chart back, but not the average...       if they do something crazy with steps I'm buying something else.

Best Answer

Absolutely inaccurate. 

Best Answer

What a terrible attitude Fitbit has.

And what terrible ideas.

First the Sleep Insights, getting in the way of seeing my sleep chart to give me unwanted information  (only just found out how to turn these off).

And now this change from average sleep to a stupid score that tells you NOTHING. And this introduced without the option to choose between it and average sleep?!?

Fitbit sure are going about things in a brilliant way to lose customers! I was a fan. Now I, for one, will be investigating other devices with a view to finding something better. And - from the comments below - I don’t think I’ll be alone.

Best Answer

Agreed, this is utterly useless. Please give me back my average sleep hours.

And why don’t you provide the users with a choice, to keep average hours or proceed with the sleep score?

Best Answer

This is why I dread updates. As a person with legit insomnia the absolute last thing I or anyone with any level of sleeping difficulty or anxiety needs is to be scored. About as helpful as headlines that read "you can die from insomnia!!!".

I don't know where these stupid ideas keep coming from but please, STOP. We didn't pay money so we could be your guinea pigs.

Best Answer

Does ANYONE at fitbit do product feature concept testing before introducing changes? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? (If they do, they need to fire their marketing research agency or ask for a refund. Talk about making an ok-thing outright bad!)

Best Answer

Please bring average sleep back. Sleep score is honestly a bad idea for all the reasons other stated. Average hours makes so much more sense. 

Best Answer

There was a suggestion in the feature request community to rate the FitBit app in the App Store (or whatever for your platform) since these forums aren’t getting much action.

I’ve put in my one-star rating, and I’m disabling sleep tracking.   I’ll miss it but it’s doing more harm than good in terms of feedback with the score.

Best Answer
Yep, added my lack of satisfaction to the playstore....
Best Answer

I agree. Pointless gimmick. As a shift worker I monitored average sleep. Would much rather see my average sleep than some pointless gimmick. 

How do I switch it off

Best Answer

...and I've removed the sleep tile.

...and I've removed my FitBit.  Sudden load off my mind.  Going for a nice, long, untracked walk now.

Freedom!

Best Answer

I’m also adding in my two cents. Sleep score stinks. As a mom to a young child, I’m already well aware that some of my nights sleep are “poor.” But to see it in writing is a discouraging way to start the day. I’d much prefer just to see the actual numbers of my hours of sleep and their averages. The new format makes me just not want to use this anymore.

Best Answer

please let us turn off sleep score.

It is judgemental and unhelpful, whereas how it was before just seeing how much sleep was had without a huge point system is really good. 

please return sleep to how it was previously 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I hate the new sleep score. I don't need a value judgement on my sleep, just the data. Let me decide whether it was good for me or not.

Best Answer

That’s it? That’s your reply? Why not say “we’re going to add that to the next update”? I’m about to stop using the app due to the sleep score not being an option. Nothing like being judged first thing in the morning.

Best Answer

Seriously? You’re just turning off another function, without warning, that everybody wants?  Sleep hours are the main reason I have a Fitbit. The main reason!  First the dashboard and now this? My $200 smart watch is now just a watch!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer