Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off sleep score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off sleep score? Sleep score is absolutely useless. As a shift worker and poor sleeper I’d like to know how many hours I slept per day and on an average week so I can catch up sleep. A sleep score is absolutely useless and judgemental. My wife sleeps like a log and I’m wrestles and sleep walk yet our scores are identical.

I don’t want some random meaningless number to judge how I slept. Being judged for poor sleep actually causes more anxiety and issues for my already bad sleep.

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Sleep score is idiotic, bring back time slept!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Just make sleep score optional. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in the app on my phone. Pulled up the graph. I don't see 2 arrows or an
option to go to full screen. No sleep averages.
Best Answer

Do you people not look at the community board do you not see that the new update is complete rubbish? my husband's in the IT guy and I'm a nurse we're not stupid people I'm going to tell you now it's complete rubbish it doesn't sync you have to turn your phone on and off we got Google phones pixels thousand-dollar phones nothing wrong with how we know how to use phones or apps. you need to look at the community board everybody is absolutely complaining about this new version I don't know who the idiot was that thought this was a good idea but you need to fire him because if you don't the people that all currently have fitbit's are all going to go get something else and dumped your service good luck finding a job

Best Answer

Me neither, unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it my imagination or did the sleep screen just change to a giant sleep score on top with the sleep data down below?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely useless answer.

Completely useless feature.

The idea is obvious.

Give us a way to turn it off. The sleep score is a feature. Give me a way to turn it on.

Best Answer

@andiness  I too can see my average daily sleep.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please remove the sleep score, or allow users to remove it. It offers no objective information and, thus far, it has not once been consistent with my subjective impression of the night. 

Best Answer

Make sleep score optional.  I am offended at the idea of being graded on how “well” I sleep.

Best Answer

Agreed! Please give us back the option of seeing our sleep hours and sleep time average. The sleep score is absolutely meaningless and makes me want to switch to an apple watch. 

Best Answer

Yet another pointless change making the app worse! No I don’t want to see some “sleep score” I just want to see my sleep details and I want them on the dashboard! Grrr app just getting worse and worse. 

Who’s directing these changes? Obviously not someone who has any dealing with faithful users! 

Best Answer

I do not like sleep score. Whether I sleep 7 and a half hours or almost 9 hours I get a good. That’s meaningless. 

Best Answer

Not to mention the last “upgrade” jacked a lot of things up and Fitbit won’t even respond. Across devices people are reporting issues (mainly focusing around failure to stnch, battery life and losing time) and they are radio silent. My Versa is 8 months old - too soon to be be worthless and it is right now. 

Best Answer

I am currently looking at my sleep hours and average sleep time on the Fitbit app. The only thing that has changed is there is now a sleep score feature. All the other stuff is still there. I have a Blaze which has been discontinued for some time and this recent update to the app hasn’t changed the way I look at my data.  In looking at the website my sleep data still has all the breakdowns and details of my sleep pattern.  I get that some might find the sleep score useless.  On my app I’m still looking at the same details as before with the edition of a sleep score.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J-flex could you post a picture of what you’re seeing? That would be very helpful. What you have described is not what I have, or anyone else on this thread. Are you talking about the app or the web based dashboard?

Best Answer

As mentioned this is in the Fitbit app in IOS. I click onto the sleep icon at the bottom(below the list of challenges).  This takes me to another screen where I see my sleep for today along with the sleep score.  Right next to the circle (with the sleep score)  is this >.  I click onto that and it takes to me another screen where is shows my sleep stages and the time spent in each stage. There is also a section to see your 30 day average along with benchmarks.  At the very bottom lists my sleep schedule for last night.

I have always had this info.  The only addition is the sleep score number which I don’t find to be either annoying or an enhancement, it’s just there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But you don't see your average sleep (hours) of that week. That is what most of us are missing. We now only see an average sleep score..

Best Answer

I see the sleep hours for the week.  The only change  on my IOS FitBit app is there is now a sleep score.  Everything else is still the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree! I hate it. Last week one night I had 5 hrs 53 sleep = Score 70. Another night 2 hrs 56 = Sleep score 70! Useless information.

Average hours sleep - helpful 

Average sleep score irrelevant

Best Answer