Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock Versa with my phone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Message on my Versace “Unlock with your phone” how do I do that? My iPhone is on and working. My versa is frozen with that message. I did try a hard shout down. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rodneybthomas14  According to this Help article, the error message you are describing is one that appears if an incorrect PIN is entered 10 times.

The article says to do the following -- from your app dashboard > tap on your Account icon > tap on your Versa icon > tap on  Device Lock > go to the option to reset your PIN.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

@Rodneybthomas14  According to this Help article, the error message you are describing is one that appears if an incorrect PIN is entered 10 times.

The article says to do the following -- from your app dashboard > tap on your Account icon > tap on your Versa icon > tap on  Device Lock > go to the option to reset your PIN.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rodneybthomas14, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @LZeeW, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. As @LZeeW mentioned, when you see this message on your Versa is because the pin has been entered wrongly 10 times. To unlock the Versa, please follow the instruction @LZeeW kindly posted. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really appreciated your help. Thank you so much. It has solved the problem that I worked out for one hour.

UPDATE:

Thank you also for your help. It worked like a charm. I got two responses for runners and let me tell you save me a lot of time. Best. Rod

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rodneybthomas14, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if the above doesn't work? I'm doing the above, trying to reset my password and I'm getting the following message: "Change PIN failed. Sorry, there was a problem changing your Device Lock PIN. Please re-enter your existing PIN to continue.".... and then we go through the above again. 

I'm at home, connected to Wi-Fi and have synced my Fitbit. **ahem** my 2.5 year old for getting it whilst I was in the shower... 

Best Answer

Hello @Joey_V, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response. Tell me, are you receiving that message in the app or in the screen of your watch? Have you restarted your watch by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen already? If so, please let us know so we can checkt his further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is one other solution if nothing works but it would be a hard reset like factory reset usually on android. I know the Board says Iphone but what I am going to tell has nothing to do with either OS.

On Fitbit Versa, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. - When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive and very crucial you might want to calculate in seconds (for how much time logo appears). - When the device vibrates, release all buttons. - Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MFS123456, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to post the troubleshooting steps that were helpful for you. I'm sure they will also be helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I tried this and it didn’t work because my versa is not listed in the Fitbit app.  I cannot add it because the versa screen is frozen on “unlock with your iPhone”.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. 

I have reached our Support Team but it seems you have already created a case with them and they have provided instructions to you. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you. If there's anything else you need, my best recommendation is to reply back to our Support Team as they will be handling your case from now on. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they said it is impossible to fix and does not meet warranty requirements even though it is only 5 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and let us know what our Support Team told you. I was checking your case and it seems your device was purchased from an unauthorized retailer, which is why our team was not able to uphold the warranty of the device. At this moment, please return to the retailer where you purchased it as they might be able to assist you further. 

In case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work for me. I am using an apple iPhone and I cannot find the Versa icon you're talking about therefor cannot see the Device lock section. I hope I'm on the right app??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bootcamper2, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and shared your experience with us. Would it be possible for you to reply to us with a screenshot of what you're able to see in the Fitbit app? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fit bit versa, it comes up with the unlock with your phone, I have gone onto the app clicked on the account icon ( which I presume is the box at the top left, I cannot see the fit bit versa icon or see anywhere there is device lock......driving me mad

Best Answer

I have same problem.  I dont see device unlock anywhere help!

Best Answer