Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a Food Log app - How food section works?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm so confused..FB seems to be tracking my steps and sleep, walks ,calorie counting etc. So why are there other apps that seem to do the same thing?

However my big problem is food logging .It seems to be a feature with the FB app but when I entered 1/2 med avocado it didn't know what that was!! 

Is it possible to enter meals and snacks through the day, factor the calories and at the end of the day have a total calorie intake recorded?

It seems logical that you could enter food

(with calories and the time consumed. Either whole or packaged)

..and it would be saved in a frequent foods eaten list. ?

If this is available could somebody point me to a tutorial or explain how it is done ?

The food log here seems to only recognize commercial food. I was able to scan with my phone a tortilla package but I don't see how to enter the other ingredients? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Bobsax, thank you for visiting and joining the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and it seems you have a few questions about food logging and integration with third party apps.

Note that integrations worked with Fitbit and sync information from your Dashboard as the developer specifications. As not all the data and not all third party integrations work in the same way. With some integrations certain data from your Dashboard will not be sync or it won't sync from the third party app to your Dashboard. To give you an example, MyFitnessPal will send over your food logs to your Fitbit Dashboard, but MFP won't received your food logs in Fitbit.

Now that I mentioning food logs, lets talk about your other concerns. Note that the Fitbit food data base is standard depending on the location you have chosen. However some brands of food are not registered in the data base when you scanned or manually enter this options. You can create your own food though using option of create food in your Fitbit app. when you manually enter a food selection that is not in the data base, you will see the option to create food. All food you enter her will be saved in the frequent food tab.

Create food1.jpg

Yes, you can enter food throughout the day and your calories will keep updating based on your exercise versus the total intake of calories. This is controlled by your food plan and the data will be visible in your Dashboard. If you are looking for a more in depth explanation 

Cals vs Out1.jpg

For more details, please take a look at this post shared by @SebringDonFitbit's Food Plan Demystified.

For other details visit: How do I track my food with Fitbit?

Some users prefer to integrate MyFitnessPal for food logging and leave Fitbit exclusively for exercise, as this provide a wider list of options at the moment to log food. For more details about third party integrations take a look at this post. Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Bobsax, thank you for visiting and joining the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and it seems you have a few questions about food logging and integration with third party apps.

Note that integrations worked with Fitbit and sync information from your Dashboard as the developer specifications. As not all the data and not all third party integrations work in the same way. With some integrations certain data from your Dashboard will not be sync or it won't sync from the third party app to your Dashboard. To give you an example, MyFitnessPal will send over your food logs to your Fitbit Dashboard, but MFP won't received your food logs in Fitbit.

Now that I mentioning food logs, lets talk about your other concerns. Note that the Fitbit food data base is standard depending on the location you have chosen. However some brands of food are not registered in the data base when you scanned or manually enter this options. You can create your own food though using option of create food in your Fitbit app. when you manually enter a food selection that is not in the data base, you will see the option to create food. All food you enter her will be saved in the frequent food tab.

Create food1.jpg

Yes, you can enter food throughout the day and your calories will keep updating based on your exercise versus the total intake of calories. This is controlled by your food plan and the data will be visible in your Dashboard. If you are looking for a more in depth explanation 

Cals vs Out1.jpg

For more details, please take a look at this post shared by @SebringDonFitbit's Food Plan Demystified.

For other details visit: How do I track my food with Fitbit?

Some users prefer to integrate MyFitnessPal for food logging and leave Fitbit exclusively for exercise, as this provide a wider list of options at the moment to log food. For more details about third party integrations take a look at this post. Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes