Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate mileage with Inspire HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Inspire HR and have been walking daily with a friend. I have tried Setting the stride length and currently I have it set to track my walk with GPS. Fails every time. My friend used her FB and mine always comes up short. Today I walked 4 miles and at that demarcation my FB indicates I had walked 3.3 miles!!!!! I’m getting very frustrated with the inaccuracy! Does any body know a fix? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @2bme.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about your Fitbit Inspire HR tracking your distance accurately. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts, I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I appreciate the additional details and would like to advise that Fitbit devices are personalized to each user's personal information and you can see the difference if you compare your friend's data with yours. Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps and walking stride length. Similarly, your running steps are multiplied by your running stride length. If you feel that your distance is inaccurate, confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

For more information, see What can I do if my step count seems inaccurate?

If you are tracking your activity with GPS, GPS accuracy depends on the signal strength among other factors. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. I recommend checking out this article for more information.

In addition, you can perform a restart to your Inspire HR by following these instructions.

For more information about accuracy of Fitbit devices and captured GPS data, please see this help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes