Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insights keep being prompted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1EE60FE5-2EF8-4D0C-901B-8153329B4603.jpeg
This pop up has shown up every day since the forced change to the new, awful dashboard. So, you’re saying that sitting at a desk 9 hours a day impacts my level of daily activity? Come on, Fitbit. Maybe you can focus your tips on something that wearers can control.  Please bring back the old dashboard and stop making users hate the Fitbit app with nonsense like this.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @JStarz. Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of the insight you're receiving, as well for your feedback about the Fitbit app. This prompt is an insight which are messages about general wellness, activity, nutrition, mindfulness, sleep patterns, and more details to help you reach your goals. I understand your feelings about this change and currently there isn't an option to turn off the insights or return to the old dashboard. However, your feedback will be passed to our team so they can continue working and developing improvements based on the comments posted in the Community.

If you have another question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer

It’s one thing to be upset about the dashboard inflexibility, which is certainly not unique to me. But, if you’re going to force “hints” at users, they should be designed to inspire not irritate. Telling people they should get more sleep or move around more during the workday is not inspiring. It’s insensitive to the realities of the real world.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Hi @JStarz. Thanks for getting back and sharing your thoughts about the insights.

I understand if the details shared in the insights don't work for you, and what I'd recommend is to tap on the "X" so the insight doesn't show up in the home screen. This was also requested by another user in the Feature Suggestions board, check that suggestion and add your vote. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

See you around.

Best Answer

Please give the ability to switch insights off (like notifications) in your next update, they are pointless and irritating 😠 

Best Answer

While hitting X will remove the current "insight," they will continue to show up.  I will go to the feedback as you suggest.  They are very annoying.

Best Answer

Hi @KvdM_ and @cvirtue, welcome on board. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts about the insights. I understand how you're feeling about seeing them on the Fitbit app, and I'm sorry for any frustration this is causing you. Our team continuously receives feedback from our members to improve our services, and please continue adding your vote to that suggestion so it gets the attention of the developers.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How many votes must a suggestion get before FitBit does anything about it?
Best Answer

Hi @JStarz. Thanks for getting back.

About your question, currently there isn't an amount of votes that an idea needs to receive to be implemented. However, I encourage you to add your vote as our developers are constantly bringing new features for current and future devices based on what our users need. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Hope to see you around more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I somehow turned off the daily insights and miss them, how do I get them back?

Best Answer
0 Votes