Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 not tracking distance accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have walked 13,000 steps in one day and it only shows 0.15 miles walked. I actually did a one mile walk and a two mile walk that fay so there should be higher mileage. The miles consistently do not seem to register. Is there a setting I am missing what that will show both the correct steps and the correct miles walked? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Mimag1953 Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with the distance registered. Have you reviewed our help article which explains the factors that impact the accuracy of your Fitbit device?

In the meantime, please adjust your stride length in the Fitbit app, restart your Fitbit to refresh its performance, wear it snug on your wrist and monitor its behavior in the next days. 

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire 2 "sometimes" tracks my walk with correct mileage and other times doesnt. Same walk can be 5 miles or .64 miles with same 75+ minutes of walking, same path, same stride, location always on (phone and fitbit app). Doesnt matter how much charge battery has (95%, 80%, 30%). Have powered down phone, reinstalled app and problem remains. Sporadically tracks walking mileage correctly. Stride never changes, nor does any other setting on my phone or fit bit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gudmama Thanks for stopping by. 

Thanks for the details provided about this issue and for all the troubleshooting that you have tried so far. Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. 

• Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects. For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Keep in mind all devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time.

Hope that helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
Stride length and route have never changed. The only thing that changes is
sometimes fit bit doesnt calculate distance correctly and sometimes it does.

My husband's strava continues to calculate our walking distance accurately
using GPS.

Apple watch with friends works too. If my Inspire 2 NEVER calculated
distance correctly that would be 1 problem. But the fact that its
inconsistent is just annoying.

Annoying enough to tell people NOT to purchase Fitbit products.
Best Answer
0 Votes