Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 - Not Syncing with iPhone XR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded from an Inspire 2 to Inspire 3. I was able to pair my new watch with my iPad but I’m having trouble syncing my iPhone (version XR). I tried turning off my phone then restarting it, turning off the Bluetooth and turning it back on, but nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community, @naomikf.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried prior to posting. Before anything else, let me explain that after the initial set up, your Fitbit device will make a bond with the mobile device used to stay connected with it. If you have your iPad nearby, this will explain why your Inspire 3 isn't able to sync with your phone.

That being said, if your iPhone will be your primary device to sync, please forget your tracker from your iPad's Bluetooth settings and turn off the Bluetooth on there as well. Once that is done, give a try to the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Restart your tracker to refresh its performance.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. Set up the notifications and accept the request to pair with your iPhone.

If this works and you wish to sync with your iPad, just turn off the Bluetooth of your iPhone or take it to another room to prevent any interference.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community, @naomikf.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried prior to posting. Before anything else, let me explain that after the initial set up, your Fitbit device will make a bond with the mobile device used to stay connected with it. If you have your iPad nearby, this will explain why your Inspire 3 isn't able to sync with your phone.

That being said, if your iPhone will be your primary device to sync, please forget your tracker from your iPad's Bluetooth settings and turn off the Bluetooth on there as well. Once that is done, give a try to the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Restart your tracker to refresh its performance.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. Set up the notifications and accept the request to pair with your iPhone.

If this works and you wish to sync with your iPad, just turn off the Bluetooth of your iPhone or take it to another room to prevent any interference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for explaining the situation. I was in a bit of a panic so I went to customer support a few days ago and chatted online with a representative who explained the steps you outlined. 

Best Answer

Hi @naomikf. It's great to see you again.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for keeping me updated. I'm glad you sorted this out after contacting us via chat. If you have time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and start new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes