Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Failure

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2nd ionic ive has which has lost connection and regardless of my efforts will not connect! Any thoughts!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @IonicFailure1 

I understand you’re having syncing issues. Hopefully I can help you get back up and running again. Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps that might help. You didn’t mention what troubleshooting steps you have already tried so I’ll just give you some common troubleshooting tips for Bluetooth syncing issues.

Let’s first try restarting your Fitbit Tracker. Heres how:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

If your still experiencing issues try turning your Bluetooth off then back on again.

If Restarting and toggling the Bluetooth doesn’t help I would suggest force shut the App and restart. Here’s how:

Turn off your Bluetooth 

log out of the Fitbit App

completely shut down your device, wait 1-2 mins then restart your device 

once your device fully loads enable your Bluetooth again 

now log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

now sync your device 

Check your iOS settings if this problem persist and try this:

1. Open your phone's settings.
  2. Scroll down, tap Fitbit > Toggle Location to "Always".
  3. Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned ON.

If your still experiencing an issue try this: please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Fitbit Tracker and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair". Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app,, tap your profile picture then scroll down and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Just follow the instructions as they come.

If the issue is not solved after the above steps, please take a look at the help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? or  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

😃 Hopefully these suggestions resolve your syncing issue. Please let me know If this does indeed resolve your issue and if so could you please tap the “Choose as best Answer” box just under my post? Doing so really helps other individuals who come to this community looking for answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
None of the tips provided have helped. This is now the second fitbit ionic
I’ve had to do this. To say I’m dissatisfied is an understatement. I’m in
law enforcement and wear my watch everywhere. Guess I’ll be going to a
garmin for my next purchase.

Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really sorry that the troubleshooting steps did not work for you @IonicFailure1 . Can you please look to make sure that your iOS device is indeed compatible with the new Fitbit App. You can find the compatibility list here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315

Please keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was connected to my iOS device for two months prior to this happening.
Never had an issue with my Blaze or the Versa my gf has but the ionics seem
to not last.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @IonicFailure1 

I’m truly sorry you’re  having issues. I do know that the iOS update did indeed cause several problems. Especially notification issues. Hopefully Fitbit Customer Service can help you sort this issue out and again I’m sorry I couldn’t help more. I hope you also have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you for your service as a police officer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes