Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing with Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I replaced my blaze with an ionic two weeks ago but it just didn’t want to Sync with my iPhone app 

I’m always having to “force “ a sync but that’s not good enough and I feel as though my Ionic is not fit for purpose 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

With so many different mobiles and bluetooth devices broadcasting out there now Fritz, sometimes the bluetooth simply gets overwhelmed tracking out of range errors and the logs can't find their way back.

Fastest, and cleanest way to clear is to turn your mobile off when you have a quiet moment and turn back on. Auto syncing for your tracker and any other devices you may also have should resume normal dependability.

Staggering how many bluetooth headphones, printers, speakers, etc you pass each day - believe it or not your mobile is quietly filtering and making decisions on every single one as you move in and out of range throughout a normal day, week or month.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Hello @Fritzwells2000, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you as well @wmchapman, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Fritzwells2000, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for having tried to force-sync your Fitbit Ionic. Have you restarted your phone and your Ionic lately by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I tried your steps and took it a step further by removing my device  and now I can’t read it. Do you think the latest iOS software update is causing the problem. My device syncing just fine before the update. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jack03, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. Tell me, which iOS version is currently running on your phone? Additionally, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps to try to set up your tracker in your account as you have removed it recently:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Fitbit device.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the device one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry but the technical advice you are giving us is simply clutching at straws 

I have tried all the advice and it still plays up

i think it’s auite obvious there is an issue with the Ionics operating system, 

considering the large financial commitment needed to invest in an Ionic the Fitbit system failures are not acceptable....I would even go as far to say the Ionic is not really fit for purpose 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fritzwells2000, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was able to rest my Fitbit and sync it again. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Jack03. Thanks for getting back and I'm really happy to hear that you're back on track!

Anything  else you may need, we're here to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

There clearly is an issue with these devices and as far as I’m concerned they are not fit for purpose and anyone that’s brought one should be offered a refund 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fritzwells2000, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it’s an issue. Everyday now I simply add New Ionic to replace old ionic. It takes about 5 minutes to complete but it is the only way my data will sync. Obviously Fitbit can not figure this one out as my friends apple watches don’t have this problem and they use the same cluttered world of Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess what ......amazingly since posting this mine is now working 

hhhhhhmmmm not sure what sort of wizardry sorted that out 

I give it a week before it plays up again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fritzwells2000, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you too @MikeDmyterko, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@Fritzwells2000, I appreciate you have come back and let me know the issue has now been resolved on your end. Please note that we have just updated the Fitbit app, which might have influenced as well. 

@MikeDmyterko, at this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app and try to sync your Ionic again. If you're still having trouble doing it, please let me know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please keep me updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well here we go again .... it worked ok for a couple of days and now it’s not syncing again ........ although the Bluetooth connection is constant and stable it’s not syncing or receiving notification from my iPhone 8 

Clearly there is a serious issue with the Ionics function 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fritzwells2000, I appreciate you have come back and provide more details about this situation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for keeping me updated about this situation. Tell me, have you restarted your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen after experiencing this issue again? If so, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync in the Fitbit app so it can maintain a constant communication between the Ionic and your phone. Don't worry, it has been already tested and confirmed that All-day Sync won't drain the battery on your watch or your phone faster than usual. 

To enable All-day Sync:

1. Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account
  2. Tap on Ionic
  3. Scroll down and enable All-day Sync.
  4. Go back to the Dashboard and force a sync by pulling down the screen. 

I hope this helps, give it a try and keep me updated!

Best Answer

Hi 

yes I have restarted the watch so many times I’ve lost count and it is already set to all day sync 

nether of these make any difference 

so so I still have a £240 pound watch that didn’t operate the way it should 

also .... this is the second iPhone that I have had this ionic synced too and the problem was the same 

UPDATE:

And I always try to force the sync 

and it says looking or the two little wheel shape arrows start to turn but the update bar just starts to move across the screen then disappears 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fritzwells2000, I appreciate you have come back and let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided in my previous posts. 

At this moment I have reached our Support Team again in your behalf and let them know everything you've tried so far. For the time being I would like to suggest you to wait for their response and they will provide you more options. Feel free to reply to them afterwards. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco still after all these months my Ionic is not syncing correctly due to intermittent Bluetooth connection 

looking at at all the other people that have the same issues there is clearly a problem with these watches and you should refund everyone that wasted their money on them 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate you have come back and provided your feedback. As mentioned earlier, we do not expect this kind of issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty. As you have a case already created with our Support Team, I would like to suggest you to bring this suggestion with them as they will be able to provide you more option about your request. 

Thanks again for your participation in the Forums, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes