Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing with iPad, only with iPhone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit was syncing fine with both devices: iPad and IPhone.  

This morning the iPad and Fitbit wouldn’t sync.  Seems weird because they were within a few feet of each other through the night and the app runs all the time.  

The iPad Bluetooth settings section said it could find the Fitbit 

I turned off Bluetooth on the phone but still the iPad would connect and sync with the iPad.  Had to give up and get to work.  

iPhone and Fitbit still working ok together 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I've moved you iOS quieting to the iOS bored.

There are posts scattered across the boards say the lastest app will not sync their trackers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ted12594, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Rich_Laue, I hope you're doing well. 

@Ted12594 thanks for your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. The reason your tracker is syncing with your iPhone but not your iPad is because your Ionic has established a Bluetooth link with the iPhone. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

After that, turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone and try to sync your Ionic with your iPad, keep in mind that if you have already set up your tracker on your account, there's no need to set it up again when you use a new device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes