Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing with iPhone X

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After updating the fitbit app, it cannot connect to my iPhone X. It can b connected to my android samsung.

How do i enable the ios to speak to the fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Applepie8986, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have you restarted your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? Have you set up Notifications on your tracker with your Samsung phone? If so, it's possible the Ionic has established a Bluetooth connection with your Android phone which is preventing your tracker to sync with the iPhone. In this case I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your Android phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off the Bluetooth on this phone, open the app in the iPhone and try to sync. 

I hope this resolves your issue, feel free to reply in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Applepie8986, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have you restarted your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? Have you set up Notifications on your tracker with your Samsung phone? If so, it's possible the Ionic has established a Bluetooth connection with your Android phone which is preventing your tracker to sync with the iPhone. In this case I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your Android phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off the Bluetooth on this phone, open the app in the iPhone and try to sync. 

I hope this resolves your issue, feel free to reply in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my ionic countless times over the past week. My Bluetooth on the Samsung is off. I only turned it on to test but it's my husband's phone so is not connected to my Ionic at all. HELP!! I'M very depressed cos was really enjoying the ionic when it was syncing well last month 

Hihi. I off and on my iPhone Bluetooth umpteen times but still can't detect the ionic. Help pls!!

I finally managed to sync my Ionic with the iPhone x. However, the WhatsApp messages can't b included in the notification list cos it didn't appear. I have turned notification button on the ionic watch itself to "on" already. Pls help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic, which has been paired with IPhone in the past, now will not re-pair with IPhone.  It is stuck on the screen which asks for the 4 digit code and continually says that there is a problem communicating with the tracker and to try again - I reboot the Ionic, I switch on and off Bluetooth, but still no result.  Any more ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Applepie8986, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you around @hstotland, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@Applepie8986, I'm very glad to know your Ionic is syncing again, please remember that in order for your apps to appear under "App Notifications" your phone should receive a push notification from them. Once a push notification has been received in your phone, go to the Fitbit app > Account > Ionic > Notifications > App Notifications and the app will be listed here. In case it doesn't appear, force quit the app and open it again. 

@hstotland, if your Ionic is not setting up as a new device in your account, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to set up again, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Ionic one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes