Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't stay connected with iPhone XS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since an update to the Ionic just over a week ago it no longer stays paired to my iphone which means I don't get any notifications such as phone calls and texted buzzing on my Ionic.

Every morning I have to go into my settings on my Iphone and delete the bluetooth connection to my Ionic then go into the Fitbit app and press on notifications and set up bluetooth to my Iphone again so that it will work.

It appears to stay connected for the rest of the day then after midnight it all starts again.

It is becoming a pain and a chore. I have missed calls and text as I have my phone on silence at work and always use to get the buzz on my wrist and I could see who was calling or I could read the text and if it was urgent I could pop outside and answer it.

I have phoned customer services and they were unable to fix this issue.

Has anyone else got this problem and if so have you found an answer.

Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone

Alan

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JagasarUK, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far and for having contacted our Support Team already. 

At this moment, my best recommendation is to set up your Ionic as a new device in your account to reset the connection between your watch and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your Ionic as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JagasarUK, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far and for having contacted our Support Team already. 

At this moment, my best recommendation is to set up your Ionic as a new device in your account to reset the connection between your watch and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your Ionic as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hey mate, yup having the exact same issue, nothing seems to be fixing it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Olivier991. I phoned customer services and they talked me through doing a completely new install on the ionoic and it has worked perfectly since then. 

I suggest giving them a call and hopefully yours can get sorted too

all the best

Best Answer
0 Votes