Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up my new Alta HR?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I already use Fit Bit Alta and have app on my phone. I have received a new Fit Bit Alta HR. Before setting up do I delete app with previous fitbit on or do I just go ahead and set new one up? Many thanks x

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @debs123. Congratulations on your new Alta HR! As long as you do not plan to wear both Altas, here is what you should do:

• In your Fitbit app, select the original Alta, then scroll down to “remove this Alta.”
  • On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and “Forget” the Alta.
  • Back in your Fitbit app, tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen and select “Set Up a Device.” This will take you through the steps, including pairing to your phone via Bluetooth.

Happy stepping! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @debs123. Congratulations on your new Alta HR! As long as you do not plan to wear both Altas, here is what you should do:

• In your Fitbit app, select the original Alta, then scroll down to “remove this Alta.”
  • On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and “Forget” the Alta.
  • Back in your Fitbit app, tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen and select “Set Up a Device.” This will take you through the steps, including pairing to your phone via Bluetooth.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou. It's worked perfectly. A lot easier than I thought it would be x
Best Answer