Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pull steps count directly from the Fitbit Alta via BLE

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to pull very basic information like step count from the device directly via bluetooth using a cordova BLE plugin, i am able to get a list of services and associated charcterstics, but i dont know how to parse that information to get the meaningful data, or i doubt that the required data is present in the list of services/characterstics/descriptor etc. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @KhalilAmmar

The Fitbit can only sync and pass on the information it has recorded to the Fitbit app directly through a device's own Bluetooth connection. In this case, it wouldn't be possible to get the step count by any other means other than syncing with the Fitbit app or checking the steps showing on the Alta's display.

Let me know if you do have any further questions! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume that even the Fitbit native app uses the Bluetooth to send and receive data, just want to double check if is there any encryption algorithm in place which could only be understood by native app ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @KhalilAmmar.

The data transmitted from the Fitbit to the App is certainly encrypted in such a way that only the Fitbit app would be able to get that information.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

However i just tried another app "CHALLENGE YOURSELF" developed by Tupelo Life India Pvt. Ltd. and it can directly grab data from the fitbit app, how it works or is it some sort of partnership between Fitbit and Tupelo?

Ammar.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KhalilAmmar!

In this case the connection was developed by Tupelo themselves using the API we provide.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

One last question is there any possibility to become a partner at company level and then be able to negotiate on direct data transfer, as we are looking to buy 100s of watches at corporate level and direct integration is necessary.

Ammar

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @KhalilAmmar

I think the best way to start in regards to that would be to look into our Developer portal. You should be able to get some tools and documentation that might be helpful for you.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes