Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to receive Google Calendar notifications on Alta?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an iPhone 6s and a Fitbit Alta. I am trying to sync google calendar to my Fitbit because I like it more, but it doesn’t give me any options. Can I change the calendar?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Adgupta, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, unfortunately at this moment, when you enable calendar notifications in the Fitbit app for your Alta, only the default Apple Calendar will send notifications to your Alta. What I have set on my iPhone in order to link both my Google Calendar with the Apple Calendar app is the following:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account
  2. Select Google
  3. Log in to the Google Account you want to link, then tap on Next.
  4. Enable the slider for Calendars
  5. Open the Apple Calendar app 
  6. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Calendars icon to display a list of all calendars to which your iPhone has access. It'll include all of your private, shared, and public calendars linked to your Google Account.
  7. Select or deselect the individual calendars you want to appear when you're accessing the iOS calendar app. You can adjust the list and change the default color associated with each calendar within the app by clicking the circled red i on the right side of the calendar name; in the new window, select a different color and even rename the calendar, then tap Done at the top of the screen.

Now that the calendars have synced, checked if the Apple Calendar contains your appointments and events, if so, you will receive Apple Calendar alerts on your phone, which will transfer to the Alta.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Very helpful to me, thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Marzee531, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have found the information posted earlier helpful, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes