Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my days data being deleted when I delete the Fitbit App?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started Fitbit with the Apple ID of my husband, but now have my own Apple ID. The Fitbit app ist still linked to the Apple ID of my husband, thus I cannot update it anymore. To fix that, I have to delete the Fitbit from my iPhone and download/install it again under my Apple ID.

But I worry that deleting the Fitbit app also deletes all my days data too. So how can I kind of transfer them to the new Fitbit App ?

Thanks for any advice ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @mschweizer and welcome to the Help forums.  An Apple ID is always an email address.  A Fitbit account is always set up using an email address.  The way I read your statement is that your Fitbit account is under your husband's email.  Correct?

You just need to change your account to your personal email address, any personal email address.  The fact that you use an iPhone doesn't mean that your Fitbit account needs to be your Apple ID, unless that's what you want.  To change your email address, tap on your profile picture in the upper left, then scroll down to Account Settings.  Tap on Change email, then follow the steps to enter your new email and password.  Note: you will get an email verification for the change.  I have never changed my email account, so I can't verify those steps.

When you sync your Fitbit, your data is synced to your account on the Fitbit servers.  Apps do wacky things and I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times.  You will only lose unsynced data if you delete the app.

You DO NOT want to set up a new account with your own email.  That would be two different accounts under two different emails.  Accounts cannot get merged.

Please get back if any of this is not clear.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes