Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Fitbit app notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some time now whenever I click on a Fitbit iOS notification for instance low battery, but does the same with any notifications, it does not open the Fitbit app but another one called Reward Me Now. Tried deleting and reinstalling Fitbit app but no change. If I delete Reward Me Now app it opens up Fitbit app but as soon as I reinstall Reward Me Now app again that opens instead of Fitbit app when clicking on a Fitbit notification on the Lock Screen. Why is Fitbit linking to the wrong app?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Community, @Pahu007.

Thanks for the detailed information, and the steps tried prior to posting. This is odd and while you've tried some steps, please give a try to the following in the given order:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and the Reward Me Now app.
  2. Delete both apps from your phone.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Once your phone is turned on, reinstall both apps and log into your account.
  5. Wait until you receive another push notification and tap on it to see if the Fitbit app opens.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However I do not want to uninstall the Fitbit app as I will lose all the clock faces I have purchased from third parties. 

Best Answer

@Pahu007 It's good to see you around.

You're welcome, thanks to you for getting back. I understand your concern and let me clarify this process won't affect the clock faces you've purchased, or your data synced as all that will remain on your account. Please give it a try and keep an eye on its behavior afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Well today I got a low battery notification and when I clicked on it it opened up Fitbit. So maybe recent app updates has fixed the problem. Will keep an eye on things

Best Answer

Hi there, @Pahu007.

I'm glad the issue got sorted out and thanks for keeping me posted. While this shouldn't happen again, make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated as this will ensure its functionality.

By the way, in case you have some spare time, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes