Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting "Active Challenge Limit Reached" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the 3.4 and above release (for iOS) I cannot create a new challenge (of any kind). The “Active Challenge Limit Reached” message is visible at the bottom of the screen for every challenge and has not changed even as my number of active challenges drops below (the previous limit of), 10.  

Please fix this annoying problem.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MarkInCentralTx and @JPFitB1t 

I’m sorry to see your both having trouble due to the “Active Challenge Limit Reached” message. As @LizzyFitbit mentioned Fitbit is aware of the issue and working on it. I have discovered a workaround for this issue but it only works for individuals who use an iOS device to view their FitBit App. Since I see you are both posting under the iOS thread I can only assume you both use an iOS device. Again this is only a workaround to get the challenge started while Fitbit fixes the issue in a future update. It’s taking the long way to accomplish it but it’s better then nothing......

To Create a Challenge Do This:

1. Go to your profile on your Fitbit App

2. Select ? Badges and Trophies under your profile

3. Select “Trophy Collection”

4. Decide what challenge you want to start and simply press “Start Challenge”

(This does NOT work with the solo adventures)

? I hope this helps you both. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @MarkInCentralTx. I'm glad to see you here in the Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share these details with me. I see where are you coming from with this, and I'm sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. Our team is aware of this situation experienced with the Fitbit app and they're working on this based on the feedback shared by our members. While there isn't a time frame for a fix, be sure that every comment helps us to improve our services and overall environment.

If you have another question, let me know.

Best Answer

 My phone decided to update to the new version of Fitbit (now I see why everyone’s complaining about it!) and I’m unable to create challenges.  Same issue with active challenge limit reached.  Please help!  A piece of advise to Fitbit: fully test out your new app updates before releasing them! 

0BAD11F5-FC89-4E3D-B386-D314A10E915A.png

Best Answer

Hello @MarkInCentralTx and @JPFitB1t 

I’m sorry to see your both having trouble due to the “Active Challenge Limit Reached” message. As @LizzyFitbit mentioned Fitbit is aware of the issue and working on it. I have discovered a workaround for this issue but it only works for individuals who use an iOS device to view their FitBit App. Since I see you are both posting under the iOS thread I can only assume you both use an iOS device. Again this is only a workaround to get the challenge started while Fitbit fixes the issue in a future update. It’s taking the long way to accomplish it but it’s better then nothing......

To Create a Challenge Do This:

1. Go to your profile on your Fitbit App

2. Select ? Badges and Trophies under your profile

3. Select “Trophy Collection”

4. Decide what challenge you want to start and simply press “Start Challenge”

(This does NOT work with the solo adventures)

? I hope this helps you both. 

Best Answer

Thanks @SunsetRunner... I too have discovered that work around, cumbersome as it is, at least we can create new challenges that way. Also want to call this to @JPFitB1t attention ... it works for me, and you should give it a try.

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back with me @MarkInCentralTx . Yes it’s a bit cumbersome but I enjoy it as it’s better then nothing and really helpful for me for sure. I run and host 10 challenges on a daily basis with my Fitbit Friends. @JPFitB1t will indeed see this message about the workaround because I tagged his name in the post with the challenge workaround I posted. 😉

Best Answer
Being a retired programmer, I concur with the seeming inadequate testing, and lack of a regression path in the event of product (in this case software) failure.
Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
0 Votes
Only 10 ? lol ... I do the same, and also wish the 10 person, 10 challenge ceiling were higher... but, I completely understand the reasoning and need for a limits... 10 challenges with 10 participants times how many Fitbit users playing.... potentially a large number requiring a lot of compute power and bandwidth ...
Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer

Hi @JPFitB1t, welcome to the Forums. @MarkInCentralTx and @SunsetRunner, it's good to see you here again.

Thanks for keeping me updated, as well for the screenshot provided. Also thanks to you, @SunsetRunner for your great help.

I understand how you're feeling as participating in challenges is one of those features that keep you motivated along with your friends and family. Our team has received feedback about this situation from our members and they're currently working to bring a solution as soon as possible. I'm sorry that this has caused an inconvenience and be sure that your comments have been passed along to our team to enhance the Fitbit app's performance.

@MarkInCentralTx, about your suggestion about increasing the amount of participants in a challenge, I found a similar request in the Feature Suggestions board which seems to be under consideration. Please take a look and don't forget to add your vote. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Ive downloaded the latest Fitbit release (3.8) and it appears for now this problem is resolved.  I’ve yet to actually create a new challenge (kinda busy with other life tasks ....) but will later this evening.   Also, wanted to mention another improvement in DM’s ... the feature now supports  the actual 2-way dialog !!  Huge improvement !!  Thanks for that.   

Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer

This doesn't work, no option to start challenge from trophies / badges, it only shows number of 1st places, personal bests,  and goal streak 

Best Answer
I know it’s a Royal PITA, but I just did this yesterday to start 3 Workweek Hustles ... 6/7/2020 ...
Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, I am in a perpetual “Active Chellenge Limit Reached” state. Fitbit had reset it once for me, but that fix didn’t hold... I think there’s still a bug in the code...
Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? Im still encounting this issue as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having this issue for a month

”active challenge limit reached” every day even tho I am participating in zero challenges because I cannot start one

the “workaround” fails also. Still have the error from Trophy screen and the Badges screen

Inspire HR and iPhone 12 Pro using latest version of the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems it is still not fixed.  I have a new Charge 5 (12/2023), and iOS app, and I just started having this pop up arbitrarily when trying to open a challenge, though I only have at most up to 4-5 active challenges running concurrently.  I try to open a daily showdown and I get same message, though I am not blocked from creating Premium challenges like Get Fit Bingo

how long is needed to fix this?  I am having a lot of  software and hardware related issues since I got Fitbit in 2021.

Best Answer
0 Votes