Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kid's Fitbit no longer appears on Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest app update, my kid’s Fitbits no longer appear as devices on my app.  When I add them, mine then disappears and stops tracking. Within the new app it is unclear and very confusing how to set up my app to be able to switch between the three devices. This was really simple in the old app.  I have been using Fitbit for years but this latest app shift is very disappointing and frustrating!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the community forums, @Vballa709.

Thanks for letting us know about your family account. As you may know, you'll need to switch to kid view in order to set up and sync an Ace series under your child's account. To do this and see your child's stats, please make sure to have tried the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the You tab.
  2. Then tap Family and if you're signed in with a Fitbit login, tap Switch to Kid View under your child's name.
  3. To return to your Fitbit account, tap the Settings icon at the upper right corner.
  4. Tap Switch to Parent View, and confirm.
  5. When prompted, enter your password.

For more information about how to manage your family account, I'd recommend this help article.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the community forums, @Vballa709.

Thanks for letting us know about your family account. As you may know, you'll need to switch to kid view in order to set up and sync an Ace series under your child's account. To do this and see your child's stats, please make sure to have tried the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the You tab.
  2. Then tap Family and if you're signed in with a Fitbit login, tap Switch to Kid View under your child's name.
  3. To return to your Fitbit account, tap the Settings icon at the upper right corner.
  4. Tap Switch to Parent View, and confirm.
  5. When prompted, enter your password.

For more information about how to manage your family account, I'd recommend this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. This was very helpful as this is much different than previous app versions. It worked well.

Mollie
Best Answer

Hi there, @Vballa709.

You're very welcome. I'm glad the steps suggested above were of help, and thanks for keeping me posted. I'm going to mark the post as the Best Answer to help other community members.

By the way, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics. Have a great week ahead!

Best Answer
0 Votes