Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Access & Bluetooth Sharing notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm getting really, really, pissed with the constant pop-up asking me to set Location Access to 'Always' on my iPhone every time I use the App.

I do not want this tracker on always - 

I expect to answer this question once and no more.

Will Fitbit please switch this bloody pop-up off once the question has been answered.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Maxwell93

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties that you are experiencing with the Fitbit app. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

Please note that currently it's required to have the location services set to "Always" on your iOS device whenever you're going to use MobileRun or Connected GPS. If you are not going to use any of these functions, you can leave the location access set to Never.

Hope the information is helpful.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cindy, 

I followed your instructions above and the pop-up notification will only disappear if you select "Always". When you select "Never" the pop-up appears the next time you open the app and persists indefinitely.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @karmaworld.

I appreciate for letting me know that you followed the instructions provided, and for confirm that even setting up location access to Never, the same thins is happening. I'll forward the details as our team continues working to bring a solution to all our members. I appreciate your patience while we work on this. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi same issue here. Never stops prompting me to enable location access. I don’t want to do that since Fitbit is obviously just using it for tack my location and waste my cell phone battery for no reason.

I’ve been Fitbit for many years and this annoying prompt only started coming up after Google bought Fitbit by the way.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @MrElussive

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with the Fitbit app and for the feedback provided. Our team is working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Catch you later.

Best Answer
0 Votes