Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing steps after syncing with the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I synced my charge 3 with the app I lose steps. Yesterday I lost 10,000 steps and today I’ve lost 500 already. 

I’ve rebooted my Fitbit countless times, deleted and reinstalled the app, Turned Bluetooth on and off, restated my phone, logged in and out of the app and removed my device and set it up again. Every time my steps return briefly and then the app syncs and they go again. 

Is there anything I can do? I really need a reliable step tracker and I’ve had so many problems with Fitbit recently that I think it may be time to switch to something more reliable. 

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Beginning yesterday, my Versa 2 gives me credit for only half my steps. I can find no reason or way to correct on the app.

Best Answer

Me too! I lost my whole workout this morning ugh!

Best Answer

Yep! Really discouraged as I keep losing steps every time the APP syncs! What in the world is going on? Kinda hard to see 19,000 go away and back to 58! REALLY?!? What’s going on??

I’ve logged out, uninstalled the FitBit numerous of times????

Best Answer

I have been waiting to chat with Fitbit support for quite a while now as the same is happening to me. I am thinking it has something to do with the latest update. It happened yesterday (I walked double just to keep my 10k streak) and now again this morning. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

There is an update to install on the Versa 2

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did an update 2 days ago, I was thinking that is what started it?

Best Answer

I am also experiencing this. I lost over 10,000 steps yesterday over multiple syncs. Each time I would add steps and sync I would watch them go backwards. My fitbit was a Charge 3 that I have had for quite some time so I thought I needed a new fitibit. I went and purchased a Versa 2 feeling excited to have a brand new one and never thought I would experience the same thing. Today, as I was approaching 5300 steps while biking during a zoom meeting, I stopped to sync and immediately watched my steps drop to 1773. This is extremely frustrating and also expensive. The Versa 2 update was installed when I set it up yesterday. This is two fitbits over three days where I have lost steps. Any news anyone?

Best Answer

Happening to me too.  Yesterday I only got 18000 credit even with over 30000 steps.  Tonight I have 30881 (took picture this time hoping they credit me me since this is connected to my humana Go365) and the app keeps defaulting back to under 18000 even when it moves beyond 18000. When I sync it goes back to 17900s.  So incredibly frustrating!  Why does something like this happen every time they come out with update to “fix bugs”?🙄🙄

Best Answer

I’ve lost thousands of steps since applying the latest update as well! Not only that but I have to tighten the band all the way in order for my Versa 2 to monitor my heart rate continually, which is SUPER uncomfortable.

The failure to synch steps and monitor my heart rate is effecting everything regarding my daily goals (steps, calories, floors, distance covered) and it’s infuriating. I realise that it’s 2020 and that even having a device that does all these things is pretty rad, but when I pay for something I expect it to work properly. 

Best Answer
I spoke with a representative yesterday who told me they are aware of the
problem and were "working on it". I am extremely frustrated as you are and
know of others who are experiencing this as well. However, my best friend
and workout buddy who has the same phone and the same fitbit - Versa 2 -
does not experience this and has not at all. I went backwards yesterday
multiple times during the day and ended up with under 4000
steps..............
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here as well. This is way too frustrating!! Can someone pls look into this urgently?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I worked with customer service and they sent an update. Do far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious- I just got off the phone with customer service and all they told me was it's a global issue and they are working on it. What update did they send you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am chatting with someone now and they said regarding the syncing and missing steps is an ongoing issue that their team is already working on and hope to have it fixed soon. She was able to give me my step count since yesterday when it started deleting steps. I also told her that my sleep stopped recording since May 27 as usual they want you to do all the updates and restarts which I’ve done numerous times she also suggested to try a factory reset and set it up as a new device but now I’m debating if I should do that or wait for an update... but how long will that take?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used that process yesterday and so far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and reporting the issue with losing steps after syncing. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. While I don't have a time frame for resolution, be sure to keep the Fitbit app and your device up-to-date. I am sorry for any trouble, I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Liliya,

Yesterday and today I had the same problem happen. Yesterday I was at 9,xxx and when I synced it dropped to 6,300. Today I was at 7,068 and when I synced it dropped to 4,062. This is causing me to lose my step streak. My app is up to date and I got a new Fitbit today so that is up to date too. 
help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Weronika95.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and would like to confirm if you log any activities manually or have any third party app connected to your Fitbit account? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes