Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
This morning I ran 10km as I normally do and my fitbit HR buzzed to say I'd done 10000 steps during this run. However at some
Point throughout the day the step found has gone down to 6800 steps which is impossible because I've ran 10km ! I'm
Part of a work week hustle challenge and the correct step count has been added to the challenge count but in the app dashboard the steps display 6809. This has happened twice before and is really annoying when my app now
Won't show that I've completed my step goad for today.
Why is it doing this? I'm thinking of using a different make of tracker . This is the 6 th Fitbit I've had all previous ones have been problematic and I need it to be accurate!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Liswest,

What's important to note is that if you manually log a workout, it will not count towards your Challenge.

Also, Challenges begin and end in the person who created the Challenge's timezone. 

Click here for more information about Challenges.

Hope this helps you out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yes I am well aware that if I manually log a work out it will not count towards a challenge, the point was I didn't manually log the work out - I ran ten KM and the steps registered because the fit bit buzzed then when I synced it with the app the steps didn't show so I lost over 8000 steps. I've been using Fitbit for over 3 years so I am well versed in how it works - when it does work that is! As I said I am now on my 6th Fitbit in 3 years so I don't think they are that reliable if I am honest. 3 just stopped working - 1 was replaced by Fit bit AND the others I have had to buy. The fitbit HR has been more reliable but in the last week the steps I have done in a 10KM run in the mornings have been lost when syncing with the phone yet the steps DID show in the challenge. So to clarify if you add the steps that have been recorded on the dashboard up they total less than the challenge actually displasy so how can that be? Lis 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and email signature.

Best Answer
0 Votes