Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe not tracking maps for my exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi..

New on IOS (sadly) but not on fitbit.

My fitbit luxe has been fine on android, but on IOS I'm not happy.
It app doesn't feel as smooth as on android.
- sync are feeling much slower and even my phone should be correct set up, it doesn¨t do it in background .. but worst... MAP..

Start walk on the luxe under exercise. When done and home - no map on my phone....
Have now played a lot and found out that I have to open the fitbit app on my phone - else it won't make a map when my exercise are done?! 

Think all my settings are correct, but maybe not?? So can anyone find the bug?

- Background App Refresh - Fitbit are ON
- Allow Location Access - Always - and Precise Location ON

- Bluetooth ON

When I'm out, I use other programs using the GPS with no problems.
Have only found out the map are generated it I open the fitbit app before - but haven¨t tried it outside for a whole day (so will it continue for a whole day - not sure yet.

I have tried to restart Luxe, deleted app and reinstalled, reset luxe. Can¨t remember a thing I haven't done.. Never had that problem on Android.
(Not home before monday so will respons slow)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Annikadk Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the detailed information shared and for all the troubleshooting that you have tried so far. I understand where your concern is coming from. I was wondering how you tracked your exercise? Did you manually start or you use SmartTrack to do so? 

Note that in order for your Fitbit device tracks the map, you need to start your activity from the Exercise app on your Fitbit Lux and if it is within 30 feet of your phone, it will connect with the GPS sensors. Additionally you can check that GPS is turned on for the exercise. Note that only exercises where you cover physical distance use GPS. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?

For additional information, let's review How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I always use the exercise on the fitbit (Luxe) and not on the app on the phone.
As mentioned I have never had that problem on android - not with luxe or earlier trackers.

I have my phone with me too - and usually screen turned on (Munzee, Pokemon, Geocaching -type)

On Luxe GPS are "on"
Only thing there are "always display-on" are off.

Everything should be correct - and on android it work (Uninstalled for a whilet to be sure it wasn¨t the problem)
Only thing are  - I have to open the app (on IOS) before starting the exercise on Luxe - else no map. 
All other stuff I use with the tracker seems to be correct - well.. except it doesn¨t sync in the background either - even it should.Have to "pull down" when opening the app each time.

Best Answer

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0532.PNG

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0536.jpgOn top - app closed when tracking
On bottom - App open in the background

Best Answer

I just had this happen to me today too. 

I ALWAYS start my run from  my Luxe. 

I usually check to see that the Fitbit app is launched on my phone, but today I did not

I do the same run every weekday morning.  The distance was wrong for today's run, so it was using step count instead of actual ground covered. 

What is the actual required way to get a run mapped EVERY TIME?   Is it required to launch the Fitbit app in iOS to make the map show on your run when it's complete?  

Best Answer

Was just bumping this in hope of updates/help from FitBit?

Best Answer