Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing iOS Health with Fitbit.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ridiculous that you have to purchase an app to sync the data and even then it adds Fitbit steps to iPhone steps which is double dipping on steps.  Frustrating that I’m reading threads that go back to 2014 and Fitbit refuses to allow data to be synced to the iPhone health app. Fitbit needs to fix this issue. Several threads are marked solved but that isn’t true. Come on Fitbit!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I understand your frustration, @whodat4eva. But a thread may be marked resolved when the answer is given. In this case, the answer is no. The Apple Health app does not sync with Fitbit. It is not up to Fitbit to “fix it.” It is Apple’s app and if you want to use their app, then they want you to buy an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Hello @whodat4eva thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@whodat4eva, I understand your concern about not being able to sync iOS Health with Fitbit. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

When so many people use an iPhone with a fitbit, why would you not have plans to make the platforms work together, or is it Apple that stop Fitbit software being able to? 

It's a real pain, every time I sync my Fitbit steps with Apple Health (sing a third party app) it basically doubles my step count in health - is there really no way to fit this?

Best Answer

Don't know if it is still true that Fitbit doesn't sync with iOS Health - but I think so.

Just started scrolling through topics that interested me and found this thread - as I wondered why I couldn't find Fitbit in iOS Health, after installing Fitbit (and after producing some data with Aria & Charge). 

There are - COUNTLESS - (all?) fitness apps that sync with iOS Health.

Did you happen to see the "data sources" display in iOS health/settings? For basically every health related data point, you can specify which data source/app is allowed to write into iOS Health.

It is definitely not needed to buy an Apple Watch to use the health app. There are alternatives for almost everything that the Apple Watch does, and all integrated into iS Health.

Fitbit apparently still doesn't write into Health.

So it is absolutely up to Fitbit to "fix it".  And it would make perfect sense to do so:

For me, iOS Health is the central repository for all health related data.

Weight, Body fat, muscles etc come from a Withings device.

Blood pressure too (how would I do that with Fitbit-there is no such device afaik).

All of that goes into iOS Health of course.

Heart rate, workout tracking, sleep monitoring (via non-Apple-app) etc. come from an Apple watch.

Plan was to purchase a scale and a tracker from Fitbit, to consolidate as much as possible into one system (the devices I tested were borrowed), and to replace the Apple Watch and the Withings devices (except blood pressure).

But - no syncing with iOS health, no Fitbit business with me.

Best Answer

I agree that this needs to be done. As everything I have for my health runs through my iOS health. Not single one works with Fitbit all of them rely on my health app and I rely on my Fitbit app to talk to my health app.

Best Answer

Fitbit is one of the most annoying companies when it comes to suggestions. They just ignore all of them and say that they "aren't currently planned" despite many people asking for certain things.

Whether it is integration with iOS Health (like virtually every other fitness tracker,) integration with Pokemon Go's 'Adventure Sync' (like a lot of Fitness trackers have) or even a dark mode for their app.

Best Answer

I really can't understand why this haven't been made possible yet after 6 years.

Syncing info between FitBit App and iPhone Health App (or any phones Health App) should be a number one priority.

Most phones standard Health Apps today are connected to a function that is called Emergency Infomation / Status. This means that information that is in the Health App on a phone can be accessed even if the Phone is lock in a case of Emergency.

For iPhones a person clicks the "Lock" button 7 times to open this menu and there they can call for help, see the owners health, blood type, medicin use and more (depending on what the user have added to the health app). A person that is trying to help can also see the persons emergency contacts and call them if needed.

So in short terms this Connection can be a Life Saving Connection for the users because even if the user isn't in a state to answer questions a helping person might be able to see heart beat (is it steady / might be safe, is it rapid / might have internal bleeding).

UPDATE: Same problem with Android. I'm today using an Android Phone and we can't sync to Google Health or other Android solutions. But I did find an App that solved that problem and does the synchronization for you. 

For Android it's called FitToFit. Maybe it exists on AppStore as well.

Read more how to set the medical-ID up here:

Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207021

|\| Fitbit Versa 2 Black |/|\| OnePlus 8 PRO (OxygenOS 13 / Android 13) |/|
Best Answer

I find it stupid, I mean every app writes to Fitbit, even the copy cats of fitbits do  

I even asked in Apple store once and the man said I don’t even need a Apple Watch as majority of trackers sync to Apple health except fitbits. From a stand point just shows Fitbit it are behind 

Best Answer

I agree with you plus a lot of doctors now let you sync Apple health to your doctors app 

Best Answer

I’m new to Fitbit (Charge 4) and have been rather amused by this thread, we all know that there are many health apps and competing brands and that’s only up to Fitbit to make it possible to share data to the Apple health app. I’m currently able to share all my health and gps/training data from Garmin via the totally integrated (Garmin) Connect app. I’m sure Fitbit is aware, and apart from some (rather ignorant) replies stating that it up to Apple, I can’t really find any logic, since it’s all in all a win win thing for Fitbit. A bad choice in my opinion. That doesn’t take away the fact that the Fitbit app is quite stellar and yes I can download gpx, but to my understanding I can’t import my (many) other gpx files to the Fitbit app (whatever is possible is this an extra and irritating step). Utterly frustrating and in my opinion “stubborn” approach by Fitbit. All the best from Stockholm😎

Best Answer

It is very annoying that Fitbit doesn’t provide option of writing data into iOS health app. I have other apps that do it nicely. It is ridiculous that this is ask from users since 2014! that gives credence to belief that is deliberate choice on Fitbit part not to share data with iOS health. Looks like it only change when starts impacting purchasing decision of customers! So I am going to write it in blog for new purchasers

Best Answer

This is truly terrible response in terms of what it tells me about the Fitbit team’s attitude to its customers.  

My Fitbit Charge 4 arrived yesterday and, so far, I love it.  However, today I went to see how my data was being displayed in my iPhone’s Health app.  My search for answers as to how to sync the data brought me here. 

Reading the responses in this forum, with the stubborn “that’s just how it is” attitude, makes me think that I should return the device.  The impression is of an arrogant brand, that’s not interested in listening to its customers. 

I’m amazed that this significant gap in functionality  wasn’t mentioned in any of the reviews that I read about the device, when I was researching it.  

Best Answer

there is an app that will send step data to Fitbit.

It is called QuickSync. It works for me with my apple watch. some apps don't support Fitbit. I have a  Versa Lite and an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Seems like it’s time to buy an Apple Watch since Fitbit won’t try to work with Apple to sync to the health app. PERIOD

Best Answer

@t-a-g - this has been answered time and time again in the forums. It is Apple who won’t work with Fitbit. If you want to use the iOS Health app, Apple requires you to buy their Apple Watch. Or one of their other approved devices. It’s understandable that they would not want to share with their biggest competitor. 

But have you checked out the Med ID app available on many of the Fitbit devices?  I just recently discovered it and am very pleased. This app allowed me to input all of my critical health info, prescriptions, emergency contacts, etc. which all become available in the app on my Fitbit device. No need to try to connect to Apple Health IMHO. To install this app, open the Fitbit app on your phone. Tap Account -> Device name -> Apps -> All apps. Then search for Med ID. 

Best Answer

As an iOS developer who’s worked on major successful apps ranked high in the App Store, I can assure you you’re wrong. There’s an API Apple calls HealthKit that’s entire purpose is for apps to write data into Apple iOS Health app. 

• My Azumio Heart Rate app writes data into Health app. 
  • My doctor’s MyChart app literally auto syncs my actual health records into the Health app. I got a CT scan last week and 12h later I got an iOS Health app notification. “There are new health records available.”
  • MapMyRun (used before I got a fitbit) adds my runs into the Health App

All of these write their data via HealthKit. 

I have seen NO reason why FitBit stubbornly REFUSES to integrate HealthKit functionality into their FitBit app. 

The fact the Health app has a screen “Data Sources” that LISTS ALL THE APPS WRITING TO HEALTH APP makes it 100% crystal clear that FitBit is either lying or seriously mistaken at best when they continue to claim Apple is “preventing” them from writing to Health app. 

Best Answer

I meant to tag you in my above post @RichardHartley 

Best Answer

Exact same thing happened to me

i wouldn’t have bought it had I known

Best Answer

That’s untrue I know many smart watch users that have their data synced to Apple health and they aren’t Apple watches..for example LetsFit

Best Answer