Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing iOS Health with Fitbit.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ridiculous that you have to purchase an app to sync the data and even then it adds Fitbit steps to iPhone steps which is double dipping on steps.  Frustrating that I’m reading threads that go back to 2014 and Fitbit refuses to allow data to be synced to the iPhone health app. Fitbit needs to fix this issue. Several threads are marked solved but that isn’t true. Come on Fitbit!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44
We are talking Fitbit watch nothing else, Letsfit is not Fitbit, so completely irrelevant, thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a pain till today 6 Jun 2021. I uninstalled my old Chinese model Xch fit which was syncing well on Health app on IOS but Fitbit fails to sync data to Health....Fitbit are you listening to your customers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Frankly this is straight out frustrating that there is no sync between Apple Health and Fitbit. I have been a Fitbit user for years but sadly I am tired of having to buy a new Fitbit device almost every year as it crashes. So now I have decided to utilize Apple Health. 
And paying money for a third party app to do the translation is not happening. At this rate you will loose my business until you find a way to resolve this. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner What do you gain from spreading misinformation here? The whole point of Apple’s HealthKit from day 1 has been centralising health data from any and all apps, so its API is open for anyone to use. Stop trying to defend Fitbit’s lack of care/interest in iOS users as being a technical limitation. It is not.

Best Answer

I love the Fitbit app, but it would be nice to use Fitbit premium and use Apple health since Apple health is what many doctors allow data from. 

I was looking at the suggest a feature forum and over 9,000 people want this feature. 

Best Answer

Would probably even be a better way for Fitbit to make money on people hesitant to buy premium. “Fitbit premium now offer Apple health integration” would be good marketing, so that people who don’t want to spend an arm and a leg buying a $700 Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I don’t think fencing off apple health syncing would be a good move - I shouldn’t have to pay a subscription for them to use someone else’s services (Apple Health) which cost them nothing. Plus, thankfully, Apple doesn’t not allow apps to do this - paywalling any of the OS’ features (like Apple Health) is against the App Store terms of service.

Best Answer

You are plainly wrong, all the other trackers are working with Apple Health.

Best Answer

I love fitbit too an affordable Apple watch... but I am saddened to read they won't integrate with Apple's Health Kit. I kinda understand given fitbit are now owned by Google, who own Android. They both want to squash each other. 

But senior management at fitbit should reconsider this since it is surely costing them customers in the long run.

That said Fitbit has some pretty stupid integration restrictions on developing for their platform generally... I would like to create a new display for my fitbit HR 3 because I cannot read the heart beat value... can I do so... no I need a more expensive fitbit device... stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Alienate developers around the world fitbit, you'll go far...

Best Answer

Yes, Apple has a walled network and doesn't want to work with other devices.  Apple is a Dictator to there users and only wants you to use there devices together.  If Google was around in the 90s Apple wouldn't be here today because Bill Gates would have had an competitor and have not saved Apple so the federal government would not be on his **ahem** for having a monopoly.  I hate Apple with a passion! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple isn’t the problem here - myriad other health apps share data with Apple’s HealthKit with no problem, FitBit has chosen not to do so for some unfathomable reason. It’s why I stopped using my Fitbit, cancelled my premium membership, and bought an Apple Watch. I do miss the 7+ days battery life, but everything else is much better on the Apple Watch, and it actually syncs to Apple Health.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks - the issue is treadmill walking. My Apple Watch won’t track treadmill.

Sacha
Best Answer
0 Votes

Surprisingly there is a fix for this issue.  At least, it was a fix that solved my issue of needing my steps in the Health app to match my steps on my Fitbit device.  I found instructions in a YouTube video. You will need to use a secondary app to sync your Fitbit data to your Health app (the video provides one if you don’t already have one).  The video shows how to prevent that Health app from adding your Fitbit steps to Health app steps that cause the inaccurate step count in the Health app.  I will post the link below.  You need to watch the entire video because the video creator provides details for the fix at the very end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJksYq9_LQ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, nadda, nein, neit. Not at all- my Garmin Vivosmart, NOT an Apple Watch, syncs just fine with Apple Health.

Best Answer

I just wish Fitbit would come straight out and say why, as of now - having nearly 10,000 Up Votes requesting this, there are still "No plans".

And anyone saying that it's not possible because you need an Apple Watch - go get yourself a Garmin smartwatch and you'll see that this is a completely false statement. I picked up a Garmin after 2 of my Ionic sensors died within less than 2.5 years of using it, because I refuse to pay the equivalent of more than $100 a year for a device (considering replacement value) along with a "Premium Subscription" fee tacked on top of that. The Garmin syncs with Apple Health, absolutely fine.

I'm thankful I kept the Ionic, in order to replace it with this recall- I just hope I'll get Apple Health syncing with my new Versa 3, eventually, after 5 years of people requesting this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin smart watches sync fine with Apple Health, without a 3rd party app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm... perhaps that's why they're refusing to do it? Can't monetize it, but can monetize apps and integrations, etc.

Best Answer

Y'all know that Fitbit is owned by Google, right? And that Google is a fierce competitor with Apple? And that they rarely work together? And that they want you to buy an Android device - preferably a Google Pixel one, if you want to sync your health data... With Google Fit? And that they'll never willingly sync with Apple Health? And that they'll never say that publicly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A fine theory on paper, but Google maintains YouTube, Google Docs, Chrome, Translate, and various other apps on iOS. All they’ve done with their continued obstinance regarding apple health integration is push me to getting an Apple Watch, which I’m enjoying much more now. Good move, Fitbit/Google!

Best Answer

Same here, we ditched all of our Fitbit devices and switched the family over to Apple Watch.

Best Answer