Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack missing data on some days.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an updated FitBit app on my iPhone with MobileTrack enabled. Step tracking with this app appears entirely random. I'll have a streak of days or weeks where every day is tracked, and then days that show "0" steps inaccurately. I don't always realize this until several days of "0" steps have racked up and syncing does nothing to fix it.

The dashboard online similarly reflects "0" steps for these days. No amount of syncing seems to pick up the actual steps counted. Supposedly this app does not need to be open to track steps--what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Bessa, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

MobileTrack uses your phone sensors to measure your steps and basic information. Have you checked on the Apple Health app if the information is appearing there as well? The steps reflected on the Fitbit app should match the steps shown on the Apple Health app. If they're not the same, please try the following:

1. Go to your phone Settings > Fitbit  and make sure Motion & Fitness is enabled.
  2. Remove MobileTrack by opening the Fitbit app and tapping on Account > MobileTrack and selecting Remove from Account.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and set up MobileTrack again by tapping the Account tab and then on "Set up a New Device", select MobileTrack and follow the onscreen instructions.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and if you're steps are still not being tracked, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I had the same problem-- four random days were missing that had previously been showing my steps. I followed your disconnect and reboot instructions but now I have 10 missing days!

Help!   

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @stutew, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you updated the Fitbit app recently? If so, I would like to suggest you to go to your online Dashboard and check if your steps are showing here as it's possible the app is not showing the information that's already stored in our servers. If this is the case I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-quit the app 
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well first of all, the extra 6 days that had disappeared are back but the same 4 days are still missing.

And no, they are not on the online dashboard either! 

So the information is not just missing from the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @stutew, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to ask you for some information so I can forward it to our team:

• iPhone model you're currently using
  • OS version running on  your phone
  • App version currently installed (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes