Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack not available on iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up a new device, re-paired & synced my Alta HR and even reinstalled the Fitbit app on my iPhone all in the hope the mobile track option will reappear in “set up a new device” list but it’s still missing? Any ideas people? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @xBlondie1980x, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

At this moment MobileTrack is not available on iPhone 8/8+. I understand how important this feature is for you and many members of the Community. I have forwarded the information to our team so they can provide a prompt resolution to this situation. Once I have more information to share with you I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

That will be great if you could keep me informed once the mobile track becomes available please. Do you have a rough idea how long these things usually take to sort? Kind regards. Leanne.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @xBlondie1980x, I hope you're doing fine, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your feedback and even though I don't have a specific time-frame for when this feature will be implemented in the new iPhones, our iOS team is actively working to test and support MobileTrack for those devices. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Any update on when we might see the MobileTrack for the iPhone 8?

Best Answer
Not sure what is going on? There have been 2 updates to the app since the new iPhone was released. The latest version 2.41.1, still does NOT seem to have MobileTrack available on my iPhone 8 Plus! Very frustrating when I leave my Fitbit device at home and I have to manually input steps.
Best Answer

Today’s app update doesn’t fix the issue that MobileTrack for iPhone 8 still does NOT work. What’s the ETA for this??

Best Answer

I find it interesting that Fitbit can provide Mobile Track for the AltaHR but not the Alta for iPhone 8.

Could it be that Fitbit is trying to force users to replace their perfectly good Alta trackers with a newer model?

Best Answer

Hello @CMKBD@conradw and @MjR1j, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about not having MobileTrack available for iPhone 8/8+ yet. Our team is still working towards finding a proper and prompt solution for this situation and you can keep an eye on this post to know more about the recent Fitbit updates when they're available.

@CMKBD, please note that the Alta HR is a physical tracker not related nor linked to MobileTrack. MobileTrack is a virtual device created using the sensors on your iPhone. You can pair and sync any physical tracker (including Alta HR and Alta) using the Fitbit app on iPhone 8/8+ meaning that you don't have to buy a new tracker in order to use it with your iPhone 8/8+. However the virtual tracker (MobileTrack) is not yet available for this mobile device. 

I appreciate your patience regarding this situation, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

This is terrible.  Got my iPhone 8 today. For the first time in 4 years no Fitbit MObiletrack. Tall about dropping the ball....

We we need an ETA on readiness or a ‘no support’ stance from Fitbit on mobiletrack support for iPhone 8.  

I’ll give a week and if there’s no direction, I’m going to abandon Fitbit all together.  Good by aria... hello Apple Heath. Sorry, but I can’t sit in limbo....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally!  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍 Hurrah

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this now working? Xx

Best Answer
Yes!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Woo hoo! At last!! Xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge HR - if it is fixed can you tell me how to sort on iphone 8 please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board @novice4Smiley Happy

As you probably have confirmed, the iPhone 8 has been added to the list of compatible devices and MobileTrack is now available for it. 

@novice4, are you trying to set up a Charge HR or MobileTrack on your phone? If you're having trouble setting up a tracker, please update the app if you haven't already. 

If you're still having trouble setting up your tracker, please follow these instructions:

• Restart your Charge HR
  • Restart your phone
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing/setup process.
  • Open the Fitbit app and go to Account > Set up a New Device, select Charge HR and follow the onscreen instructions.

On the other hand, if you're having trouble setting up MobileTrack, please reply to me in case you're getting an error message and send me a screenshot of what you're able to see when you tap on Account > Set up a Device.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
I deleted app and got it again
My fit bit was connected. I disconnected and reconnected
It holds all usual data and times except the track exercise tile on the front
It was there on my iPhone 6 and showed all activity and heart rate but not on this phone
If I click the add button and click on the time with blue person walking it looks like I have to start it and add as I go
Why is it not the same
Thank you for trying to help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes