Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack not working correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on holiday and forgot my Fitbit charger. I thought I would just use mobile tracking but for some reason it won’t sync yesterday’s steps although it had worked today. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @MarionS23, I hope you're having a great day, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Tell me, exactly which day did you set up MobileTrack? Also, which day are you missing steps? Please note that MobileTrack does not pull up any previous steps or data gathered by the Apple Health app as both apps can't be linked and if you set up MobileTrack on the 30th, only the steps from that day (and starting on the time you set it up) will be displayed. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. Mobile track was set up some time ago, however it is working okay now. It didn’t work on the day the battery on my Fitbit died, perhaps that is because it can’t sync from two different devices on the same day? Anyway it doesn’t matter now.

Regards

Get Outlook for iOS

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarionS23, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know MobileTrack is working for you now, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

To prevent losing steps from MobileTrack when you don't have your tracker at hand, please open the Fitbit app and swipe down the screen for the app to try to locate your tracker, as it will not be able to find it, the app will start syncing the steps from MobileTrack.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting that you say that Marco, because I left my Fitbit at home today by mistake, and the MobileTrack worked, until I got home and lost all of the mobile steps that had been displaying from the mobileTrack. My Fitbit spent all day sitting on my bed, so it wasn’t moved or being moved. 

Best Answer

I just got home from a 1.85 mile walk to find that I had forgotten my Flex on the charger.  No problem, I thought, I have MobileTrack installed.  When I first opened the Fitbit app, it showed 4200 steps so far today, but as soon as it synced with my Fitbit, it went back to 136 steps that it had shown before I left for my walk.  I don't see the point of having MobileTrack if this is how it's going to work Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same is the case in my situation. Whenever I use mobile track, my Fitbit watch deletes the data gathered via mobile track and syncs the watch with the app that recorded no activity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here.  realistically, fitbit has no incentive at this point to fix issues like this now since it will soon close its sale to google.

Best Answer

Any luck with this? Im having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes